Oct 26 2012
By: Kalamaz007 First Son 9 posts

is it better to buy games from gamestop or PSN Store?

11 replies 800 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

Message 1 of 12 (800 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9870 posts

Re: is it better to buy games from gamestop or PSN Store?

Oct 26, 2012
wells, it all depends on person preferance, do you perfer to have physical copies of games, or have them digital, if physical, buy from gamestop or another retailer of your choice, if not go with the PSN store. Sometimes though the PSN store doesn`t drop prices when other retailers do though. Other then that, the games you buy on the PSN are the exact same you buy in retail stores.
Message 2 of 12 (799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 26, 2012
and since my console won't let me insert disks PSN would probably have been my best option right?
Message 3 of 12 (793 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9870 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Yes, in that case, it would be better digital if you can`t use disks.
Message 4 of 12 (790 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Well do you prefer physical or digital? I usually only shop at Gamestop for the neat pre-order bonuses.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 5 of 12 (786 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I prefer to have a physical game to hold. It comes with a cool case and some literature. Plus when I am really done with it I can put it on Ebay for some money back. Also I don't have to spend time waiting for some huge 3+ (some even 10+) GB download and the following long install (which can't be done in background). Buying a physical game from a store is just more fun.
Message 6 of 12 (770 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

cobrafang wrote:
I prefer to have a physical game to hold. It comes with a cool case and some literature. Plus when I am really done with it I can put it on Ebay for some money back. Also I don't have to spend time waiting for some huge 3+ (some even 10+) GB download and the following long install (which can't be done in background). Buying a physical game from a store is just more fun.

Exactly what he said, that is best part about having physical copies is when you are completely done with them, you can make money back from them. Safer, cooler to look at and can resell..

Plus for me all the hacking and crap going on, digital is just not a reliable enough solution for me. Just like I would never store important imformation on a cloud server.

Never know what can happen to server or if it could lose all your information, if that did ever happen good luck getting those digital games back.

Plus memory space is just too low and too expensive in it's current form for me to seriously consider going fully digital with the size games are now, on top of the safety factor. It is also somtimes cheaper to buy the phsyical copy of game versus the digital version as well.

Message 7 of 12 (763 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Gamestop = Pre -Order bonuses

Cheaper (In the EU anyway)

No extra long 1-12Gb downloads

PSN Store = Reciepts are easier to keep hold of, since they are sent to your email adress

Digital games cannot get damaged like discs!

I buy from Gamestop because its cheaper.

Message 8 of 12 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2048 posts

Oct 26, 2012

physical copys any day. As long as you take care of them they will always be there and play good. I have every game I have played from ps1,ps2 ps3,and psp. I can still play them all at any time. Some real good games will never see digital but I can play them. If someone hacks from a game and it gets pulled from psn I can still play it. I don't have to be signed in to psn to play them. And I don't have to buy them again to play them. I have a collection of over 200 games to play at any time I choose. I love my disk.

Message 9 of 12 (739 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28846 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Don't limit yourself to only two options. You're currently connected to the internet. You can browse a number of stores at the touch of a button, and find the best price.

Message 10 of 12 (736 Views)
0 Likes