Dec 31 2010
By: sg_guitarguy Splicer 72 posts

installing games on the ps3 hard drive?

70 replies 153984 views Edited Dec 31, 2009

Hey guys, is it possible to install games on the ps3's harddrive, because i know sometimers  its a bit of a hassle to keep getting up and eject and insert games, and it would be much esier to install games on the hard drive.  I cant be bothered to read the ps3 manual, even though i dont think its in there, and my freinds dont think u can.  Maybe a update could do it? so can somone save my fat, lazy arse and tell me if u can?

Message 1 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2306 posts

Re: installing games on the ps3 hard drive?

Dec 31, 2009

sg_guitarguy wrote:

Hey guys, is it possible to install games on the ps3's harddrive, because i know sometimers  its a bit of a hassle to keep getting up and eject and insert games, and it would be much esier to install games on the hard drive.  I cant be bothered to read the ps3 manual, even though i dont think its in there, and my freinds dont think u can.  Maybe a update could do it? so can somone save my fat, lazy arse and tell me if u can?

it will probably not happen this gen. the ps3 game discs can have up to 50GB of data on them and that would eat up your hard drive quick

Photobucket
Message 2 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 31, 2009

you cannot install full games onto your harddrive , except downloaded games from the Playstation store.

the reason your not allowed to install games from bluray discs is because if you could do that people would just rent games and do it that way.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 3 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Dec 31, 2009

LR212 wrote:

you cannot install full games onto your harddrive , except downloaded games from the Playstation store.

the reason your not allowed to install games from bluray discs is because if you could do that people would just rent games and do it that way.

Or they can just do what Microsoft does. Require the game disk to play the game even though the game is installed on the hardrive.

Message 4 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28996 posts

Dec 31, 2009

Caloose wrote:

LR212 wrote:

Or they can just do what Microsoft does. Require the game disk to play the game even though the game is installed on the hardrive.

The last time I checked it wasn't the "Microsoft Playstation".

Message 5 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Dec 31, 2009
Oh, hello trophies! Where did you come from?
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Dec 31, 2009

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Caloose wrote:

LR212 wrote:

You don't seem to get what I'm saying. If they IF! They allowed us to install games on to our hard drive they would make it a requirement to have the game disk in the system to prevent piracy.

Message Edited by Caloose on 12-30-2009 08:38 PM
Message 7 of 71 (153,984 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Dec 31, 2009
if you buy from psn you have the games on the hdd , no disc required .... there are about 8 full disc games for download and a couple of hundred total ... most are as good as what's available in the stores and for the $60 or more a disc game costs you can buy anywhere from 3 to 8 games from psn , prices start at $3 and go up to $30 most are $5 , $10 and $15
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer .

A goal is not always meant to be reached , it often serves simply as something to aim at

Bruce Lee
Message 8 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28996 posts

Dec 31, 2009

Caloose wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Caloose wrote:

LR212 wrote:

You don't seem to get what I'm saying. If they IF! They allowed us to install games on to our hard drive they would make it a requirement to have the game disk in the system to prevent piracy.

And all I see is "but.. but.. but... but... Microsoft....". 

If they did do that then someone, somewhere would find a way around it. It would only be a matter of time. If man can make it, you can fake it. And the games are too big and will only get bigger. 

Message Edited by CaptainAlbator on 12-30-2009 10:49 PM
Message 9 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Dec 31, 2009

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Caloose wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Caloose wrote:

LR212 wrote:

And all I see is "but.. but.. but... but... Microsoft....". 

If they did do that then someone, somewhere would find a way around it. It would only be a matter of time. If man can make it, you can fake it. And the games are too big and will only get bigger. 

Message Edited by CaptainAlbator on 12-30-2009 10:49 PM

Yeah I guess your right

Message 10 of 71 (153,984 Views)
0 Likes