Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: installing games on the ps3 hard drive?

Jun 2, 2012

try using your brain for once and think really hard...if you could just install them willy nilly then all i would need to do is go borrow my friends collection and install them on mine without ever paying one cent for the game..dont make much sense does it??  sorry but you sir are the retarded IDIOT...LMAO

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 41 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 2, 2012

no no no i understand the idea of installing games to harddrives i get THAT. what i DONT get is why would someone willingly install the games to a system that still requires the DISCS to play the dam games. THAT makes no sense. why install a game then KEEP THE DISC IN THE SYSTEM TO PLAY IT. IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE IN INSTALLING THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE IF THE SYSTEM REQUIRES THE DISC TO REMAIN IN THE DISC TRAY. so no i am NOT the retarded idiot moron.

Message 42 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jun 2, 2012

you dont seem to understand,the reason for it would be to prove you own the game as in a authenticity check the only other way around it would be if games came with a KEY like windows os disks and things...please use your brain thats what its there for..

Message 43 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 2, 2012

it still makes no sense to me if that were the case wouldnt installing the game FROM the disc provide a key installed with the game on the harddrive under the game state utility? of course this would then prevent others from using the same disc to install the game and in turn selling the game off would be useless too but regardless. installing a game to harddrive from a disc would still seem pointless if ur gonna keep the disc in the tray since most people want games installed to their harddrive to make it so they dont have to get up and switch discs just to play another game. IT STILL SEEMS POINTLESS.

Message 44 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jun 2, 2012

as of now theres no ps3 games that have a KEY and this would be only to not have to wear out the blu-ray drive to begin with...its not that hard to get off your ass and put another game in anyway..

Message 45 of 71 (493 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Jun 2, 2012

uhm once again. it still makes no sense. if the secondary purpose was to prevent blu-ray drives from beign worn out WHY INSTALL A GAME ON THE HARDDRIVE OF A SYSTEM THAT WOULD STILL REQUIRE THE DISC TO BE IN THE DRIVE. THE BLU-RAY DRIVE IS STILL IN USE REGARDLESS IF YOU DIDNT THINK THAT ONE THROUGH THERE IDIOT. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK. and by the way there are a few games with keys but not in the same sense. mortal kombat for instance has an online pass key that comes with the copy of the game that prevents another person from using that copy of the game with out a NEW key for whatever reason they thought this would prevent piracy maybe or resales but it didnt really do the trick. REGARDLESS the way you are thinking and speaking is honeslty making you seem like a dumbass right now. disregarding the lazyness its more convienient for the gamers to beable to switch games on the fly yet the way its being described it wont reduce frustration in switching discs a it will still require it. IT STILL MAKES NO SENSE.

Message 46 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jun 2, 2012

dude are you really this dumb??  i forgot you worked at a place like gamestop so i know the answer to that one..LMAO..the disk would spin for a few seconds for a disk check and thats it...just because theres a disk in the drive don't mean its spinning,you turn on the ps3 and it has a disk in it and let it sit and after 2 minutes it stops spinning...your clearly a dumbass that don't know what your talking about and im sorry to burst your bubble but i do know what im talking about and have worked on electronics longer than you have probably been alive..grow up and get a education so you don't look so damn stupid on here..but thanks for the great laughs anyway.

Message 47 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15957 posts

Jun 4, 2012

kythunder wrote:

dude are you really this dumb??  i forgot you worked at a place like gamestop so i know the answer to that one..LMAO..the disk would spin for a few seconds for a disk check and thats it...just because theres a disk in the drive don't mean its spinning,you turn on the ps3 and it has a disk in it and let it sit and after 2 minutes it stops spinning...your clearly a ******* that don't know what your talking about and im sorry to burst your bubble but i do know what im talking about and have worked on electronics longer than you have probably been alive..grow up and get a education so you don't look so **** stupid on here..but thanks for the great laughs anyway.

Yes he is..... he smokes pot so what do you expect

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 48 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jun 4, 2012

had a feeling it was something like that..lol

Message 49 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Jun 4, 2012

You know when I got my PS3 back from Endless Electronics in the letter they said one of the worst things you can do is leave a disc in the drive when you're not playing the disc because it keeps spinning putting extra wear and tear on the drive for no reason. Are they wrong or does it only stop spinning if you have it installed on the HDD and are playing it?

Message 50 of 71 (493 Views)
0 Likes