Aug 26 2013
By: positive_emotion I Only Post Everything 1135 posts

inFAMOUS: Second Son Clears the Smoke with Neon Powers

8 replies 161 views Edited Aug 26, 2013
"Many assumed that the tease at the end of last week’s brand new inFAMOUS: Second Son trailer was pointing to familiar electrical powers, but developer Sucker Punch has clarified that Delsin Rowe will be dabbling with neon. Those of you that have been following the game will know that the new protagonist’s power is actually the ability to, er, absorb other powers, unlocking access to a catalogue of different skills. And according to creative director Nate Fox, these movesets will totally change the game.

“When you’re playing as a neon powered hero, it’s not like playing like a smoke guy,” he said in a video interview with IGN. “The smoke powers are all about speed and getting in and out quickly, whaling on guys, and zipping up the sides of buildings. But as a neon player, the tempo is different. And what’s cool about this is that the game has these wholesale mode shifts where it’s almost like there’s another game inside the game. Every time that you switch your powers, you have a different way to relate to the architecture around you and enemies – and you have to master that.”

You’ll be able to toggle between powers as you play, unlocking an impressive array of combat options. And according to Fox, this versatility will set it apart from previous entries in the series. “It’s not one origin story where you’re getting used to your smoke powers, but it’s a number of them, as we share what these new powers are and how you play them,” he continued. “It’s really different to the previous inFAMOUS games.”

We’re not entirely sure how neon’s going to work, but we reckon that it’s a perfect fit to push the horsepower of the PlayStation 4. While the smoke certainly looks great, there’s the potential for some ridiculous lighting and particle effects with neon, as evidenced by some of the footage in last week’s behind-the-scenes DualShock 4 video. How do you think that the new powers are going to work? What other abilities would you like to see in the game? Blast your thoughts in the comments section below."

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/08/infamous_second_son_clears_the_smoke_with_neon_powers
Message 1 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3685 posts

Re: inFAMOUS: Second Son Clears the Smoke with Neon Powers

Aug 26, 2013

This game continues to impress. I bet the announce multi player very soon.

Message 2 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Aug 26, 2013
I could be wrong here but i think there is multiplayer in this game.
Message 3 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3685 posts

Aug 26, 2013

positive_emotion wrote:
I could be wrong here but i think there is multiplayer in this game.

It be silly for them not to do it. The game is perfect for it. I just haven't heard any announcement on it yet.

Message 4 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Aug 26, 2013
Well its not that i dont want multiplayer in this game but, how would that work? Maybe you can use other people who has powers?
Message 5 of 9 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
237 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Looks interesting.  I wonder how you're going to get power with Neon though? Smoke has you absorb, well, Smoke. Maybe all the powers are fueled from Smoke? I'm curious to see how they choose to do this.

Message 6 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Aug 26, 2013
It might have something to do with light?
Message 7 of 9 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 26, 2013
You can can have two teams of super powered folks squaring off, or maybe a team of DUP trying to take down one super powered person. It could work really well if you ask me, especially since it looks like we're going to meet a lot more interesting conduits this time around.
Message 8 of 9 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Aug 26, 2013
Agree man i too can see that happening yup yup
Message 9 of 9 (87 Views)
0 Likes