Oct 13 2012
By: SuperLord_Duffy First Son 2 posts

im going to smash this...no video / sound on hdmi

[ Edited ]
4 replies 79 views Edited Oct 13, 2012

Ive read though the forums and i still cant figure this out. I (sometimes) have no sound or video through my hdmi. i CAN get them to work through the r/g/b connection though its in 480i ... but im not going to play COD with that.  It all worked fine before. I was in lobby of a game and left the room... when i came back it was on a blue screen saying no signal. i came to the computer and cheacked the forums for this problem. i found that everyone said to reset the video by holding the button. this did not work. ive switched the hdmi cable 6 times, reversed the cable several more times and long held the power button more times than i can count. i can use the ps3 in 480i after i long hold power but when  i switch it to hdmi it goes blue. I plugged it into another tv and it does work through my hdmi. I waited two days and tried again (dont know why) but it popped up again and worked, for a day. In the middle of a match it went blue on me again. i cant figure out if this is a problem with the ps3 or the tv cuz it worked on the other tv.

Is this a ps3 problem or?????

Message 1 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3610 posts

Re: im going to smash this...no video / sound on hdmi

Oct 14, 2012
I had this problem and it was resolved by changing the hdmi cable. It seemed to come at random so I am unsure if hardware reset would fix it, but for you to be on the safe side, try this:

1. Power ps3 off (unplug for at least 20 seconds)
2. Power it on and hold the power button down all the way until it turns off again
3. Power it back on and hold until you hear the beepbeep from the settings reset

That may work so worth a try
Message 2 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 14, 2012

From what you said you've switched TVs...... and when going back to the original TV it was fine for a bit then it went back to the same issue, so its likely an issue with your TV.........

You solved your own issue.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 5 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 14, 2012

unplug for 30 sec and held down through off cycle then two beeps and still nothing. the tv works with the xbox through hdmi. this doesnt make any sence. any other suggestions?

thanks

Message 4 of 5 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3610 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Sorry I'm all out of ideas besides replacing the hdmi cable. I thought it was the tv so i changed to a new one with same problem, then thought it was the ps3 until i tried the hdmi cable on a dvd player and it did the same thing. Then i smartened up and bought a new cable and its worked fine since.
Message 5 of 5 (51 Views)
0 Likes