Oct 25 2013
By: A1C_Krohn First Son 4 posts

if i own a movie from the store...is it really mine?

9 replies 195 views Edited Oct 25, 2013

hello everyone. im just wondering if i buy a movie and download it to my ps3 is there anyway i can transfer it to another device like a tablet or laptop. i am currently traveling a lot and would love to have the movies on my playstation on other devices. if not then 25 bucks for a movie only to play on my ps3 or psvita is kindof a drag. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8182 posts

Re: if i own a movie from the store...is it really mine?

Oct 25, 2013
Unfortunately, the movies are for PS devices only.

You'd be better off getting a DVD or a BD then legally ripping it.
Message 2 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3642 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

A1C_Krohn wrote:

hello everyone. im just wondering if i buy a movie and download it to my ps3 is there anyway i can transfer it to another device like a tablet or laptop. i am currently traveling a lot and would love to have the movies on my playstation on other devices. if not then 25 bucks for a movie only to play on my ps3 or psvita is kindof a drag. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've downloaded about 7 movies. When I got a new PS3 I was able to re-download all of my movies from my downloads list. If you are only planning to watch them on your PS3 then you should be fine.

Message 3 of 10 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

A1C_Krohn wrote:

I've downloaded about 7 movies. When I got a new PS3 I was able to re-download all of my movies from my downloads list. If you are only planning to watch them on your PS3 then you should be fine.

How do you deactivate PS3 video if PS3 is dead?

Message 4 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Oct 25, 2013

NevilleTheGame wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

A1C_Krohn wrote:

How do you deactivate PS3 video if PS3 is dead?

You'll need to contact support and have them do it. Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

Message 5 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Oct 25, 2013

No, they are not yours. You are purchasing a license to watch movies on a particular device. I believe Sony allows you to utilize 2 SONY devices, max, when it comes to movies. Typically that's the console and a Vita/PSP.

Message 6 of 10 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11711 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
Unfortunately, the movies are for PS devices only.

You'd be better off getting a DVD or a BD then legally ripping it.

um... technically ripping is illegal especially if it involves breaking any type of protection the disc may have

>

Message 7 of 10 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
571 posts

Oct 25, 2013
They must have changed this. You only use to be able to download a movie once n that's it. I know this because I have had promblems during a download n it wouldn't let me rediwnload it I had to call sony n have it authorized again. Now I notice too that I can now redownload any movie or tv episode I bought in the past...hmmmmm
Gamer till the End
Message 8 of 10 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11711 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Blaze_Octane44 wrote:
They must have changed this. You only use to be able to download a movie once n that's it. I know this because I have had promblems during a download n it wouldn't let me rediwnload it I had to call sony n have it authorized again. Now I notice too that I can now redownload any movie or tv episode I bought in the past...hmmmmm

yep they did relax some of the restrictions when it comes to video

>

Message 9 of 10 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

No, they are not yours. You are purchasing a license to watch movies on a particular device. I believe Sony allows you to utilize 2 SONY devices, max, when it comes to movies. Typically that's the console and a Vita/PSP.

This, exactly. That's why I'm usually very careful about any digital purchases. Personally I usually go with amazon.com when I actually do purchase something digital since I know I can use them on a PC, Xbox 360, and I *think* a PS3 too.

Message 10 of 10 (71 Views)
0 Likes