Highlighted
Sep 17 2012
By: GooRooMan Splicer 75 posts

[idea] Download List needs to be Categorized !!

[ Edited ]
11 replies 169 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

I'm sure this has been discussed previously somewhere within all of these posts, but the topic needs to be bumped up.  

As more and more games and other items such as themes and avatars are purchased through the PSN Store, our Download List will exponetially grow.  Especially for Plus members that now have access to some great free downloadable content.  Although the PSN Store is categorized, our Download List is not !!   Scrolling through that list to find the content you want to redownload is a pain.  It's currently listed by transaction date.  It would be nice to have the list categorized.  It doesn't even have to be as detailed as the PSN Store, but to have it broken down by Games, Add-ons, Themes, and Avatars would help out a lot.  

Anyone else agree? Please post other suggestions too.  

Here's a link to VOTE UP on PS.Blog.Share:  http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/29/browse-by-format-on-download-list/

Message 1 of 12 (169 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Re: [idea] Download List needs to be Categorized !!

Sep 17, 2012

GooRooMan wrote:

I'm sure this has been discussed previously somewhere within all of these posts, but the topic needs to be bumped up.  

As more and more games and other items such as themes and avatars are purchased through the PSN Store, our Download List will exponetially grow.  Especially for Plus members that now have access to some great free downloadable content.  Althought the PSN Store is categorized, our Download List is not !!   Scrolling through that list to find the content you want to redownload is a pain.  It's currently listed by transaction date.  It would be nice to have the list categorized.  It doesn't even have to be as detailed as the PSN Store, but to have it broken down by Games, Add-ons, Themes, and Avatars would help out a lot.  

I'd suggest you post or vote for this on the blog. Anything else could be considered spamming.

Message 2 of 12 (166 Views)
MVP Support
39473 posts

Sep 17, 2012

GooRooMan wrote:

As more and more games and other items such as themes and avatars are purchased through the PSN Store, our Download List will exponetially grow.  Especially for Plus members that now have access to some great free downloadable content.  Althought the PSN Store is categorized, our Download List is not !!   Scrolling through that list to find the content you want to redownload is a pain.  It's currently listed by transaction date.  It would be nice to have the list categorized.  It doesn't even have to be as detailed as the PSN Store, but to have it broken down by Games, Add-ons, Themes, and Avatars would help out a lot.  

Indeed it has, many many times actually!

The place for suggestions to made to Sony is via the PS Blog Share, here's the link: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 12 (162 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

just edited the post for the blog link. I talked to a customer service rep from Sony over the phone a bit ago and suggested that I post. How is this spamming? It's not talking about anything not relevant to the PS3 system.

Another thing..  is this not a "discussion" board?  Not  everyone knows that you can share ideas at the PS.Blog.Share site.  The problem too is that there's many great ideas that never get the light of day because they are not voted on enough.  So, if our community can discuss things here with the link to vote on PS.Blog.Share, then maybe some of those ideas can come to fruition.  It's really irksome to see topics such as these nipped in the bud right  away.  It feels as if you're saying.. "Listen NOOB, don't post your junk here"

Message 4 of 12 (160 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28843 posts

Sep 17, 2012

GooRooMan wrote:

just edited the post for the blog link. I talked to a customer service rep from Sony over the phone a bit ago and suggested that I post. How is this spamming? It's not talking about anything not relevant to the PS3 system.

Another thing..  is this not a "discussion" board?  Not  everyone knows that you can share ideas at the PS.Blog.Share site.  The problem too is that there's many great ideas that never get the light of day because they are not voted on enough.  So, if our community can discuss things here with the link to vote on PS.Blog.Share, then maybe some of those ideas can come to fruition.  It's really irksome to see topics such as these nipped in the bud right  away.  It feels as if you're saying.. "Listen NOOB, don't post your junk here"

It's a discussion board, but it's not necessarily a "pitch" board. That's why the Blog Share exists, so they (Sony reps.) can get an idea of what features are important to the community. If they had to sift through every idea on a forum it would take far too long, and often times things get lost in the shuffle. With the Blog Share they take a look at how many votes different things get, and then they see if it can be implemented. Also the same things tend to get posted repeatedly. Ever see how many posts on backward compatibility there are? 

Message 5 of 12 (133 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 18, 2012
I get that., but like I said not everyone KNOWS about the Blog Share. Yes redirect to the appropriate venue but give others a chance to discuss things here too, especially if they're new to the forums. How about this, why not have a LINK on the community forums for the PS.Blog.Share site? Oh wait, I need to put that suggestion there as well !!! zzZZZzzz -_-
Message 6 of 12 (130 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28843 posts

Sep 18, 2012

GooRooMan wrote:
I get that., but like I said not everyone KNOWS about the Blog Share. Yes redirect to the appropriate venue but give others a chance to discuss things here too, especially if they're new to the forums. How about this, why not have a LINK on the community forums for the PS.Blog.Share site? Oh wait, I need to put that suggestion there as well !!! zzZZZzzz -_-

Have you bothered to look at the bottom right of this page??? Those words aren't there for your health. 

Message 7 of 12 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah and? So there's the direct link to the PS Blog, but not the PS.Blog.Share. Just saying. Oh wait, you need to go to the blog... and then click on the PS.Blog.Share link. I see zzZZZ zZZ Zzz -_-

Message 8 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28843 posts

Sep 18, 2012

GooRooMan wrote:

Yeah and? So there's the direct link to the PS Blog, but not the PS.Blog.Share. Just saying. Oh wait, you need to go to the blog... and then click on the PS.Blog.Share link. I see zzZZZ zZZ Zzz -_-

Smiley Indifferent

::siiiiiiiiiiiigh::

So typical. 

Message 9 of 12 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Look, just lock this thread already.  I get it !!  Annoyed a bit by the sense of disenfranchising responses but whatever.  I can't compete with those who have over thousands of posts on these forums.  So yeah,  that feeling I had earlier? My comment: "Listen NOOB, don't post your junk here"?  Sometimes, you so-called forum gods can make others feel un-welcome, like a NOOB.  So, thanks.

Enough of this lol.  Everyone, you know where to go with your ideas yeah? Ok good !!! 

Time for Borderlands 2 !!!!  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 12 (112 Views)
0 Likes