Highlighted
Jan 06 2012
By: phfillip First Son 3 posts

i think my hdd is corrupted on my ps3 slim, how do i fix it?

3 replies 329 views Edited Jan 6, 2012

my brother unplugged while it was in the middle of a game, and when i turn it on it says that it corrupted and it will restart and it will take 2 to 3 hours, but when i click ok instead of restarting, it just goes to a black screen while its still on. when this happened before, it would just load and everything would be fine. so when it went black i thought it would take 2 to 3 hours, so i waited all day and night. when i wake up its still at the black screen.

so the next time i turn it on, instead of selecting ok, i press circle and go back. so now i can log on and do everything, but when i get on a game it either goes to a black screen when you selet the game, or it freezes 5 minutes into the game. so if anyone can help, i would really appriciate it.

Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: i think my hdd is corrupted on my ps3 slim, how do i fix it?

Jan 7, 2012

this is kinda what happened to me. i started playing black ops and it froze at a black screen i had no choice but to flip the switch in the back and now when i turn it on it stays on a black screen.

Message 2 of 4 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 7, 2012

Go into Safe Mode and select rebuild database

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 4 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Jan 7, 2012

...or, what I would do, backup all your necessities and format the drive. This will make the data on the drive fresh and fix a lot of problems at once.

Message 4 of 4 (329 Views)
0 Likes