Highlighted
Mar 11 2011
By: gdawg1051 Monster Hunter 35 posts

i hear psn online play is gonna start costing is this true?

12 replies 780 views Edited Mar 11, 2011

if so then playstation is no better than xbox..

Message 1 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Re: i hear psn online play is gonna start costing is this true?

Mar 11, 2011

lol...first of all, just look at the specs and look at the value out of the box for similar price points.  There's never been a question that the PS3 is better than the 360.  Better product, better quality, better value...better.  Period.

Secondly, perhaps you should Google "Playstation Plus."

Third, Xbox Live is a very good service that brings more than enough content to 360 users to justify its price tag.  Hosting millions of unique online visitors all day every day isn't free for Sony...or cheap.  I personally don't want to see Sony ever charge for PSN, but if they got to the point where they could deliver the value added content that XBL does and they needed to charge for it, then I'd pay.

Message 2 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 12, 2011

That has been a rumr for a long time and if they did and made the online as good as live then it's well worth the money

frachise254

Message 3 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Mar 12, 2011

XD playstation is better than xbox and NO! you will not have to pay for psn until at least 2012.after that it's up to Sony

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Message 4 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 12, 2011

I'd have no problem paying to play online on my PS3 if it was as good a Xbox live. Online gaming on the 360 blows the PSN online service away. But again PSN is free. As far a which console is better I'd say it's a wash, they are both great consoles, however if I could only have one , I'd keep my PS3 and ditch both of my 360's.

Message 5 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Mar 12, 2011

i looked on the net and didn't find any articles on your question. IMO, if sony did charge a fee, and the XMB and online service became much better, then i would gladly pay for it. i think the xbox live service is by far superior to the ps3's

Message 6 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2705 posts

Mar 12, 2011

xGuitar2009x wrote:

i looked on the net and didn't find any articles on your question. IMO, if sony did charge a fee, and the XMB and online service became much better, then i would gladly pay for it. i think the xbox live service is by far superior to the ps3's

PSN online works just fine, you don't need to pay for it, since Microsoft increase Xbox Live Gold price to 60 dollars a year, I give it 4 years max before it's 100 dollars.

Message 7 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10159 posts

Mar 12, 2011

this has been a rumor for years now, can't remember when it was first brought up, but they won't charge use for it, they already made PS+ which is a premium PSN service. Also if they were to charge people, they would eleminate some of their customers from online service, since there are still a good number of people who are not old enough to have money to pay.

Message 8 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Mar 12, 2011

Ive seen no source confirming this so id go with No.

It wont start costing money in the future.

~
Next thing I knew, my entire marine & maruader army was gone to a few banelings.
Message 9 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Mar 12, 2011

The more online features that sony makes available for the playstation family, you will have to pay. I don't expect sony to forever have free online service. I'm pretty sure ps3 will remain free as far as PSN goes, but in the future i wouldn't expect it. The more people want from online service, the more you will give There are a lot of needy people when it comes to online play. No doubt in my mind, if you just want to play online, that will most likely be free for every ps family product but if you want more expect to pay in the future.

Message 10 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Likes