Oct 30 2012
By: ballinboi3546 First Son 31 posts

i don't think sony cares about ps3 anymore...

77 replies 837 views Edited Oct 30, 2012
That's just my opinion, but i honestly think they don't care anymore. I used to look forward to system updates and i still do to this day, cause i still have a little hope for sony, i used to check for system software updates daily, hoping something new and awesome would be added. But, all the updates from the time they removed other OS, were either pointless, not worth being mandatory or just flat out removed stuff. The latest update 4.31 was optional which added stability for monster hunter hd, ill let that slide, optional is no harm done. 4.30 on the other hand removed my favorite feature since day 1 life with playstation, which some people may not care for but i liked using folding@home making computations on my pc and on my ps3. Another thing is that they took qore from PS plus. Again something people may not care for, but it is a feature of our service that we pay for so i feel like something needs to replace that as thats a 9 dollar value for 3 months. We literally have no new features, and no i do not count the new vita trophies on ps3 new. Im on my ps3 not a vita, if i wanted to see vita trophies i would go on a vita. All in all, I'm just disappointed in the lack of freshness on psn. As much as I'll probably get trolled for this, xbox atleast adds small fratures every once in a while. I just want something, anything. I don't want my features removed. Please sony. Its not always about the games. Little things count too.
Message 1 of 78 (837 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Re: i don't think sony cares about ps3 anymore...

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

Just so you know, from what I've read, the University that was behind the protein folding, the reason behind Folding@Home, pulled the plug, not Sony.  Without Folding@Home, there wasn't much left for Life With Playstation...

Also, Qore wasn't just removed from Playstation Plus, it was canceled all together, just like Pulse.  Both probably had to do with lack of funding.

EDIT SPACE

Another thing, while I respect that you don't have a Vita, are you saying that those who do didn't deserve to see their Vita trophies on the PS3?  We've been able to see our PS3 trophies on our Vitas since day 1, so why is it a crime for us to have it the other way around too?  And how does that really hurt you or your PS3 trophies?  Is it simply becasue you now have to go to a different section on the XMB? Or do the Vita trophies taint your PS3?  I'm confused as to why anyone would actually complain about this, even if they don't have a Vita... 

I don't use the web browser, so should I then complain that it's there on my XMB?

Message 2 of 78 (825 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15737 posts

Oct 30, 2012

The system updates are just maintenance.every PS3 owner has to just get used to them. And we are getting more exclusives than the other systems. Grant it, some of the good games aren't coming until next year. But as long as we are getting exclusives and games, the PS3 stays alive. 

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 3 of 78 (822 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I never said i don't have a vita, i do. I said i didn't feel it was necessary for it. While yes i do frequent looking at my trophies, i didn't care to look at my vita trophies on my ps3, as when i look at my trophies on my ps3 its to see what i just unlocked. I feel itit should have been a optional update thats all. Thanks for.the info on folding@home i wasn't aware of that, though i did use the music feature as filler music when relaxing and doing work. Like i said minor gripes. They add up though. As far as quore and pulse i know they were canceled due to lack of interest, but as i and many other people have said, its not about usage, its about value. Thats one promised feature gone that i feel should be replaced with something small. Even a free movie voucher would suffice whether it be as low as 3 dollars or less, atleast the effort is there.
Message 4 of 78 (807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Haha you can say that again, but thats not what my complaint was about. I didnt say the ps3 was dying, i said its lacking freshness in new content. The only thing i was happy about recently was when they added The laugh factory. It was a welcomed new editoon and thats what i want to see. Like i said im not complaining, i just see less content from the ps3 and more games. Which is fine, but as i said the small things help. Even when they improved the web browser back in 4.00 i believe, i was happy. Its been a long time from ps3 launch and i feel like we need something.new to put us higher up. Also, my move has been getting dusty, any interesting new games for it other than sorcery?
Message 5 of 78 (802 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I don't think it was a lack of interest that shut down Qore or Pulse, but a lack of actual funding.  It costs money to put those together, including (but not limited to) paying the people hosting them.  Around the time that Qore shut down I read a few articles about Sony's financial status which painted a pretty bleak picture for Sony, including a pretty big lawsuit they lost against LG (can't remember who was suing who, but Sony lost).

I miss both of those programs (or what ever you'd call them) and I know a ton of other people do too.

I kind of agree that Qore was a featured product of Plus, but they have added features that weren't there from the start.  Like the Cloud Storage, which for me personal has been great.  I had a PS3 die on me before and lost ALL my save data, so it's very comforting to have that there, especially for locked game saves.  Not only did they add Cloud Storage, but they also increased it significantly recently...

Message 6 of 78 (778 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I just think it is funny that most people here have the cash available to own multiple PS3s, PSPs, PSP GOs, and VITAS.  All these are or were $300 retail at start.  

Does anyone want to throw me a couple hundred bucks?  I figure you all must be loaded, help a gamer out.  I would love a VITA, that way I could have VITA trophies too.

As far as what was and wasn't removed, like the OP said, it could be that not many people used the services. Much to what the DistantWords said too, things can get cut for funding too, no matter how popular.

No I want a VITA!  Seriously, you got $300 you can give me?  PLEASE?

Moble

Message 7 of 78 (773 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Oct 30, 2012
agreed!
~ PlayStation since I was born!~

Message 8 of 78 (766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I do not lol sorry, wish i did. I barely scraped enough together to get a vita.
Message 9 of 78 (756 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Yeah they upgraded it to 1 GB and let me tell you. I formatted my ps3 and when i got those saves back, it felt loke my ps3 just got a fresh haircut lol. That was one lifesaver.
Message 10 of 78 (754 Views)
0 Likes