Oct 29 2012
By: stylesbmx Lombax Warrior 102 posts

i bougth the new super slim uncharted bundle

9 replies 389 views Edited Oct 29, 2012

i like the new desing. its light weight,nice and pretty quiiet. it came with the uncharted 3 game plust all its downloadeble content dust 514 game vouher and 30 day free subscription of playstation plus.im pretty happy with it. the only thing that orries me its the sliding top. t feels kinda weak. like it might get stuck with in time from to much usage. overall i think its worth it. does anybody else have one? what are your opinions about it.  and if anyone ants to know anything about it u can ask me.

Message 1 of 10 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: i bougth the new super slim uncharted bundle

Oct 29, 2012
I have one. I jus don't like popping and plucking the game disc in and out
Message 2 of 10 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Any features u notice its missing besides auto disc tray? I heard it has to manually turned on. U cant just hit ur ps button on controller to fire it up. Not that is a big deal, just wondering. Thinking bout picking up the 500gb tonight at midnight n trading in my fat but still undecided.
Gamer till the End
Message 3 of 10 (371 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Blaze_Octane44 wrote:
Any features u notice its missing besides auto disc tray? I heard it has to manually turned on. U cant just hit ur ps button on controller to fire it up. Not that is a big deal, just wondering. Thinking bout picking up the 500gb tonight at midnight n trading in my fat but still undecided.

You can still turn on the superslim remotely, it is no different than any other PS3 in that regard...

Message 4 of 10 (352 Views)
MVP Support
7594 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Two issues I have with mine so far:

1) No remote "eject" button/option.  Not a big deal though.

2) The disc drive is quite noisy.  Is that others' experience also?  The system itself is quiet, but the disc drive is possibly louder than my old PS3's, which was getting loud Smiley Tongue.

Other than that, I have no problems and it runs a bit better as well since I haven't filled the hard drive yet (only redownloaded what I expected I'd play soon).

Message 5 of 10 (302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Nov 3, 2012

The lifespam of that looks short because of the amount of dust it is going to hold. You're better off updating your second generation PS3 to 1TB, that's what I did, and it only costs $100.

Message 6 of 10 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

stratogustav wrote:

The lifespam of that looks short because of the amount of dust it is going to hold. You're better off updating your second generation PS3 to 1TB, that's what I did, and it only costs $100.

What are you referring to? 

EVERYTHING accumulates dust..... in one capacity or another. Every electronic device gives off a small amount of electro-magnetism, which attracts dust more so than any other natural or man-made material.  

If you're not referring to the disc drive then I dont know what you're on about

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 10 (285 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Nov 3, 2012

stratogustav wrote:

Except the laser eye and disc drive are much easier to clean because it's open.

Message 8 of 10 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Maybe I just had too many bad experiences with the PS1 and the GameCube. Those parts exposed are so delicate to touch.

Message 9 of 10 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Nov 3, 2012

i honestly dont see why it was created, i myself have the 320 slim and  its an amazing machine, i just dont see why the would want to create a new one when its alredy very nice. jw but does the disc tray on the SS make noise after using it for a while, it seems the main concern with the new ones is the cheap looking disc drive covering...

Message 10 of 10 (228 Views)
0 Likes