Feb 22 2012
By: ironman12364 Uncharted Territory 1470 posts

hulu on ps vita?

11 replies 3826 views Edited Feb 22, 2012

Is there any info on hulu+ on the ps vita?

Message 1 of 12 (3,826 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: hulu on ps vita?

Feb 22, 2012

That would be sweet

Message 2 of 12 (3,826 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 22, 2012

ironman12364 wrote:

Is there any info on hulu+ on the ps vita?

Nope.

Message 3 of 12 (3,826 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Feb 22, 2012

hulu+ will probably be in the next set of apps created by sony... so maybe in the next few months

Message 4 of 12 (3,826 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Based on what?

So far, from what Sony has realeased about the Vita, we only know what it won't be able to do (TV Out, PS One Classics, UMD Passport, etc.).  I haven't seen anything from Sony that even hints at a next batch of Vita apps, much less what they might be.

Not questioning your intention, but would love to hear your source.  Is it just wishful thinking, or have you seen something from Sony?

Message 5 of 12 (3,743 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Sony will be releasing a new service Virtual MSO, it is a multi-channel TV service that is going to rival that of cable in the U.S. If that is the case it would be more likely to see that implemented into PS3 and the PS Vita later on versus them wasting more money on licensing rights for Hulu+ on a new device.

Hulu really sucks now if you ask me it used to be way better before they updated their site which I absolutely hate by the way. It was so easy before to find shows, now you are practically recommended crap you have already watched a thousand times over and it's beyond difficult to find new and interesting things to watch in my opinion now versus before.

I have found myself using free TV hosting sites way more than Hulu now. Hulu used to be my number one for online TV but god the shows mainly suck on it. It's good for some things I suppose, little movies or anime here and there but overall it really blows to me now.

Message 6 of 12 (3,731 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Jan 5, 2013

its coming... i dont remember who, but someone emailed hulu, and hulu replied with a none bs answering saying they are aware that people want it on the vita, and once everything gets straigten out with sony, it will appear. but like with everything, you need PATIENCE!!! that goes for everyone, not just you

Message 7 of 12 (3,712 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Jimniner, you mean ps2 classics. The Vita can play most PS1 classics (or at least, the popular ones. Besides spyro or something)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 12 (3,707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I bought the PlayOn program (http://www.playon.tv/) and I can use the remote play to get Hulu on my Vita. And here's the reply I got from Hulu a while back.

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and thanks for the suggestion. We'd love to get Hulu Plus working on as many devices as possible, so while there's no news to share at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised to see support for PS Vita pop up at some point. A lot of folks ask about adding that device to Hulu Plus, so we're certainly aware of the demand.

Before we can officially support it, we need to obtain a specific set of streaming rights, and we also need agreements in place with both our content partners and the device manufacturer itself – and these steps can take time. If or when support is announced, you'll see it listed at ( www.hulu.com/plus/devices ).

Message 9 of 12 (3,581 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2013

by the way, has anyone found a way to actually contact playstation?  i know they would largely ignore us but still i would like to be able to ask THEM and get THEIR quick automated responce.  also i would like to complain about the small lettering they put in all video games almost trying to force you to buy a new HUGE  TV.  one of my friends says X-BOX isnt as bad but who knows.  eather way something should be done because thousands of people are squinting their eyes trying to read while their eyesight gets worse

Message 10 of 12 (3,138 Views)
0 Likes