how much will it cost to play online on ps4

26 replies 136935 views Edited Sep 21, 2013

how much will it cost to play ps4 online

Message 1 of 27 (136,935 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Re: how much will it cost to play online on ps4

Sep 21, 2013

PS+ costs $17.99 for 3 months, or $49.99 for 12 months.

Message 2 of 27 (136,899 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
2916 posts

Sep 21, 2013

Moved from "PS Forum Support". Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 27 (136,896 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Sep 22, 2013
I'm still undecided if I'll get ps4 or the new xbox because the way $ony has been lately. I've always been a huge playstation fan going back to the ps1 but they keep shutting down the online servers of my favorite games so I have no reason to stay loyal to them. I never would have thought I'd be buying a xbox over a $ony game system but $ony's recent actions are making me think it may be time to microsoft my gaming dollars.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 4 of 27 (136,820 Views)
Gaming Beast
2302 posts

Sep 22, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I'm still undecided if I'll get ps4 or the new xbox because the way $ony has been lately. I've always been a huge playstation fan going back to the ps1 but they keep shutting down the online servers of my favorite games so I have no reason to stay loyal to them. I never would have thought I'd be buying a xbox over a $ony game system but $ony's recent actions are making me think it may be time to microsoft my gaming dollars.

x-box is no better, if anything they're support is worse. my friend had an issue that only turned out to need his memory replaced but they wanted him to caugh out money not only to get the whole system torn down and rebuilt but also by a whole new one.

Message 5 of 27 (136,816 Views)
VP of Gaming
28829 posts

Sep 22, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

They shut down the online servers because the games don't have enough players to justify keeping them up and running. They're not doing it to deprive you out of your favorite games, they're doing it because it's still a business.

Message 6 of 27 (136,826 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2302 posts

Sep 22, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

They shut down the online servers because the games don't have enough players to justify keeping them up and running. They're not doing it to deprive you out of your favorite games, they're doing it because it's still a business.

i can think of three that disprove this, Socom 4, MAG, and White Knight Chronicles all have a very, very large community when they shut them down. you could always find a game on Socom and MAG, and always a lobby on WKC.

Message 7 of 27 (136,825 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Sep 22, 2013
I guess the difference is I haven't played much xbox so they haven't disappointed me. I've always thought sony made superior game systems but the ps3 era of gaming has been a failure imo. The ps4 hasn't shown me anything that makes me want to run out and buy it.

If $ony wasn't being such cheap **bleep**es and supported online gameplay for their games (even online only games) for more then 2 years, I wouldn't have a tough decision.

Message 8 of 27 (136,823 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Sep 22, 2013
So captain, how many people need to play a game to justify keeping the servers running. I'm not looking for official numbers, just your opinion.

Message 9 of 27 (136,820 Views)
Gaming Beast
2302 posts

Sep 22, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I guess the difference is I haven't played much xbox so they haven't disappointed me. I've always thought sony made superior game systems but the ps3 era of gaming has been a failure imo. The ps4 hasn't shown me anything that makes me want to run out and buy it.

If $ony wasn't being such cheap **bleep**es and supported online gameplay for their games (even online only games) for more then 2 years, I wouldn't have a tough decision.

no matter what people say its because of all the hard ware they had to put in the PS4 to be able to handle all the social media stuff that will get used maybe once ever three months. that is why they need the money. they proved that the servers are not the issue otherwise PS3 would of been pay to play as well. people will reply to this saying its all the servers and stuff but its not. in order to have the system be able to use all the social media it had to get major tech put in and that is what set Sony back.

Message 10 of 27 (136,818 Views)