Aug 26 2013
By: justinritch First Son 27 posts

how likely will PS4 be hard to get in stores?

9 replies 1097 views Edited Aug 26, 2013

hey im thinking about getting a PS4 but I wont be able to preorder it and I'll have to get it after launch in 2013 but alot of people want the PS4.so from a scale 1-10, how likely do you think the PS4 will be hard to get in stores in 2013? also keep in mind that sony knows that the demand for PS4 is high and that they will try to make enough PS4s for everyone. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,097 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2729 posts

Re: how likely will PS4 be hard to get in stores?

Aug 26, 2013
9-10 .... A ton of big name stores have stopped taking pre orders, which signifies the extremely high demand....
Message 2 of 10 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Sony announced there were over a million preorders worldwide at Gamescom, but said later in interviews that that is only a fraction of the actual number. They also said that the demand for PS4 is greater than any previous console launch they've ever had.

So yeah, about a 9. It will be extremely difficult. Especially with Christmas on the way.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 3 of 10 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4297 posts

Aug 26, 2013

If you are willing to make some phone calls and drive out of town (if need be), you should be able to find one, no problem. (5/10)

But, as Christmas gets closer, it will become more and more difficult, like any other sought after holiday toy / piece of hardware, but still do-able, if you are persistent. (9/10)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 10 (1,073 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16186 posts

Aug 26, 2013

It will be quite hard im sure.... Sony already has 1.5million pre-orders for the PS4.

And if the launch of the previous PS consoles have anything to say, you will probably have to wait AT LEAST 1 month before they're not flying off the shelves.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 5 of 10 (1,054 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Aug 26, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

It will be quite hard im sure.... Sony already has 1.5million pre-orders for the PS4.

And if the launch of the previous PS consoles have anything to say, you will probably have to wait AT LEAST 1 month before they're not flying off the shelves.

Note my post above. Sony stated in interviews that is actually only a fraction of the actual number. It's way higher than that.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 10 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16186 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Note my post above. Sony stated in interviews that is actually only a fraction of the actual number. It's way higher than that.

The question is, is that number just in the US. Everywhere I'm seeing suggests so. Globally.... of course it'll be higher.... the Playstation is a global seller.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 7 of 10 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Aug 26, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Shadelon wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The question is, is that number just in the US. Everywhere I'm seeing suggests so. Globally.... of course it'll be higher.... the Playstation is a global seller.

They said at Gamescom, "1 million preorders worldwide." Then in interviews stated that that is only a fraction of the actual number. So my estimate maybe 5 million worldwide.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 10 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Difficulty level 9/10 minimum; If you do not Pre-Order a console you will almost certainly have to wait until early 2014 at the soonest. You might want to look into reserving a unit with only a deposit; like Gamestop offers; where you are able to pick it up once you finish paying. That way you can ensure that there will be one waiting for you. That way since you stated that you won't be able to pay the full amount for a PS4 in time to pre order one, you might be able to still do a pre order without being able to finish paying until some time after the official launch. Hope that my idea can help you out... Good Luck!!!

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 9 of 10 (1,024 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Over 1.5 million pre-orders and at least tens of thousands of people who want a PS4 after launch means that its a hard 10.

But I'm with ya, I want one before the year ends for sure. I just wish I had pre-ordered... Don't get your hopes too high and expect to get one until early 2014 or the week before 2013 ends.

Message 10 of 10 (173 Views)
0 Likes