Apr 16 2008
By: mooshminky Lombax Warrior 132 posts

how do you clear the ps3 cache?

12 replies 69435 views Edited Apr 16, 2008
I am still not getting into the store. It keeps telling me that its timed out. I have heard that by clearing the cache will allow me to get into my ps store. can anyone tell me the cache clear code? thanks
Anthony Lonas
TheGamingPlanet
PSN ID:mooshminky
G.A.P Member
Message 1 of 13 (69,435 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8233 posts

Re: how do you clear the ps3 cache?

Apr 16, 2008

turn on your browser... on the left column you will see options for the browser. one of those options is to clear the cache..

By the way if you are doing this to fix the store, dont waste your time, its still slow and pictures dont all load after you do this..

Message 2 of 13 (69,435 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1116 posts

Apr 16, 2008
Browser -> Triangle -> Tools -> Clear Cache.
Message 3 of 13 (69,435 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Apr 16, 2008

nyma11 wrote:

turn on your browser... on the left column you will see options for the browser. one of those options is to clear the cache..

By the way if you are doing this to fix the store, dont waste your time, its still slow and pictures dont all load after you do this..

the only part of the store i want to fix is the part that it wont let me in.since i downloaded the store i havent been able to on my main account. it always gave me a time out error and booted me from the store. thnx for the info 
Anthony Lonas
TheGamingPlanet
PSN ID:mooshminky
G.A.P Member
Message 4 of 13 (69,435 Views)
tns
Sackboy
478 posts

Apr 16, 2008

effy wrote:

nyma11 wrote:

the only part of the store i want to fix is the part that it wont let me in.since i downloaded the store i havent been able to on my main account. it always gave me a time out error and booted me from the store. thnx for the info 

Are you on 2.30?  I don't think any of the business about cache applies with the new store.
Message 5 of 13 (69,435 Views)
Survivor
2603 posts

May 9, 2012

What is the deal on emptying the cache for your games?  I know how to delete the system game data for games like Skyrim (which I do once a week).  I heard somewhere that the cache for games automatically emptys out every time you turn off your PS3.

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 6 of 13 (69,435 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

May 9, 2012

There's no need to manually delete the cache unless you have having trouble with your games. The cache is handled on a game to game basis. If you think you may have corrupted data on your PS3 hard drive, then go into Safe Mode and use the Restore File System and Rebuild Database commands. Ignore the warning about corrupted data.

Message 7 of 13 (69,435 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I've had problems with freezing in the stores myself lately. I was also told I need to clear out my cache. But this doesn't affect the memory at all does it? It won't erase anything important on Home or game saves?

bobs fed signature
Message 8 of 13 (66,413 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 16, 2015
I have corrupted data on my ps3 but i dont know how to get into safe mode to fix it and could it be causing Skyrim to glitch and freeze agter five minutes of play? I really need to fix this cause its killing me please help
Message 9 of 13 (8,929 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6039 posts

Sep 16, 2015

KymiraChan15 wrote:
I have corrupted data on myps3 but idont know how to get into safe mode to fix it and could it be causingSkyrim to glitch and freezeagter five minutes of play? I really need to fix this cause its killing me please help

Here's a tutorial on how to. Woman Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVOJny2FdRM

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 10 of 13 (8,924 Views)