Highlighted
May 01 2013
By: Smokey6953140 First Son 3 posts

how do u clean the move ball?

4 replies 8578 views Edited May 1, 2013
Hello now I kno there is 2 topics else where, but they are only made fun of! This is a serious question that should b addressed by sum of us . If u look at the views on the other topic, there's plenty enough to make it justifiable . Now just simply cleaning doesn't work . And it just gets darker n darker n then stops responding at all to games. I have an extensive collection of move games and accessories n I'm already on my fourth controller. I can't even pawn them anymore as too the pawn shops kno a dirty ball mean broken controller as they have not figured a way to clean and sell them either . I am a smoker which doesn't help , but that's my choice and I also see a lot of other people looking to find a fix to this problem smoker or not ,the ball even in a non smoker house still gets yellow n dingy do to dust n dirt ? Ty u for ur time .
Message 1 of 5 (8,578 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: how do u clean the move ball?

May 1, 2013

Is this something that comes from the inside?

If so, this is probably because of the nature of the plastic material....

over-time, like most plastics, they will discolor when exposed to light.... and the move controller has a light inside so the light may yellow over use as well from the glass.... unless its an LED light.

you're probably going to have to open up that controller and see if you can clean it from the inside...

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 5 (8,453 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 1, 2013
That is a very good point ill have to look at the YouTube where they take it apart, but I wud like to think its ends are buried a little deeper in the controller but I'm not sure. I've gone quite mad when they quit working n tried to rip the ball off lol . Didn't hulk it all the way off , but its nicely attached to a deal of force didn't take it off, so I'm guessing it would take a lot to go through the controller n get in the ball itself. I'm pretty sure its leds cause it lights different colors. Also I'm thinking the ball material is just so soft, pliable, and porous; that it needs to soak or get a pretty abrasive cleaner, but who wants to soak a 50 dollar controller or use a nasty abrasive chemical which cud hurt the material itself? I'm really not sure what or how to try? I almost thought to take a hole punch n make it into a disco light bulb , cause if I fold the ball over the light the eye can see it again but its only one dimensional, but again its a 50 dollar controller don't really want to take the risk lol?
Message 3 of 5 (4,808 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

if its smoke causing the damage you really can't clean it. Its chemically bonded with the soft material. if its yellowed, the damage has already been done

For general cleaning you want to use hot water and a clean rag every so often as a preventative measure. Its a soft rubber and susceptible to the cleaning agents cleaning products so try to stay away from them as much as possible and if you DO use them make sure to rise the surface thoroughly to get any remaining cleaner off.

Warm water is all you need.

Message 4 of 5 (3,993 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 1, 2013
I kno my first 3 were from smoke but my fourth I kept out of my entertainment area- where I smoke, and also my non smoking friends have the same problem n no warm water does not work, as I said before pawn shops don't even take them cause no one has figured out away to clean them. If it was that easy people Wudnt b searching for this answer, Ty for ur time .
Message 5 of 5 (1,450 Views)
0 Likes