Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: how do i delete all of my personal information from my Ps3, but keep the digital games on the sy

Nov 15, 2013

CapNKirkland wrote:

what a world we live in..  to think that sharing something you own is frowned upon.

ok. i guess ill delete everything..

But you aren't trying to share it...you are trying to resell it. Why should you be able to do that? When you paid for those game you paid for the rights for yourself not the rights to the game.

Sony happily lets you share it...with others that are using your console not one that you are selling which would no longer be yours.

Message 11 of 18 (804 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: how do i delete all of my personal information from my Ps3, but keep the digital games on the sy

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

it IS sharing because i'm not charging anything for the games on the system.  them being there is a bonus. not a resale.

BF3 Stats
Message 12 of 18 (801 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

so i did a quick format, which took seconds..

now i'm trying to do a full format.. which says it's going to take 18 hours... anyone care to explain why? its just a 320gb

BF3 Stats
Message 13 of 18 (779 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2775 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

CapNKirkland wrote:

it IS sharing because i'm not charging anything for the games on the system.  them being there is a bonus. not a resale.

You can share physical  copies all you want, but digital games work by a different set of regulations. "Sharing" a digital version is the same as you going into a store and stealing the game for me.

The term "gamesharing" is for people that own multiple consoles. Gamesharing allows me to have my games on the PS3 at my house AND the PS3 at my parents house. My little brother/sister can play those games, because I OWN the console. 

This is not your case. In your case, you are giving up ownership of the console to someone else.

Edit: I'm on mobile, so It takes me awhile to do quotes.

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat
Chat is available:
Monday - Saturday, 6AM - 10PM, PST
Sunday, 8AM - 8PM, PST

Message 14 of 18 (777 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4030 posts

Re: how do I delete all of my personal information from my Ps3, but keep the digital games on the sy

Nov 15, 2013

If you sell the unit, with the games of it you are not game sharing but Pirating software. By using the games as a selling point. if they are not a selling point  dont  leave them on the unit. If you would like to share your games. Buy disk and loan them out. Sony has no problem with that.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 15 of 18 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

Re: how do I delete all of my personal information from my Ps3, but keep the digital games on the sy

Nov 15, 2013

these excuses you are giving me are corperate **bleep** that have been spoon fed to you until you believe it yourself.

if i buy a game at full price. physical or digital, its mine. i can do what ever the **bleep** i want with it until i decide to give the onwnership to someone else.  when i sell my system, the games on it are no longer mine. but until then. the choice is mine and mine alone

BF3 Stats
Message 16 of 18 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Mar 12, 2016

CapNKirkland wrote:

these excuses you are giving me are corperate **bleep** that have been spoon fed to you until you believe it yourself.

if i buy a game at full price. physical or digital, its mine. i can do what ever the **bleep** i want with it until i decide to give the onwnership to someone else.  when i sell my system, the games on it are no longer mine. but until then. the choice is mine and mine alone

you do not buy the software, you buy the license to use the software. its been like that for ever. a physocal copy, legit copy, is the license it self. if you have a bunch of digital downloads then you have legitimately nothing to show other than maybe paper saying you bought the rights to use the software. you can leave the games on the ps3 but chances are they will require the new owner to buy the licenses themselves. if you want to resell your SEN then thats that, but if that is not going to happen, he is screwed. 

While the system may be owned by you, the software you use in it is nothing more than permission to use. Thats what you own, if you want to get technical about it. unless you transfer ownership of the whole SEN account all digital content licenses are linkd to that. and there is currently no support to transfer licenses. tough **bleep** kid.

Message 17 of 18 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5507 posts

Mar 12, 2016

Please make sure a thread is current/active before responding and necrobumping which is against the forum rules. Thread is now locked

Message 18 of 18 (94 Views)