Jun 10 2013
By: lordraptor1 First Son 13 posts

heres what sony needs to do at E3 with the PS4

17 replies 214 views Edited Jun 10, 2013

here is what sony needs to do at E3 with the PS4 to take the prize.

1. dont kill used game markets like MS is trying to do with the MSFail

2. PS4 need to have a user replaceable hard drive (unlike XBFail)

3. keep the games on disk not a freaking licsense code on a disk which then downloads to the hard drive

4. dont have the camera for move required

5. dont require an internet connection every 24 hours to be able to play games offline ( after 24 hours of being offline XBFail becaomes a brick to collect dust until it is re-connected online)

6. dont forget your CORE gamers ( which is what MS seems to be doing with the XBFail)

7. dont show game demos without sound, or the games freezing up the console like MS did

8.  have a better selection of release titles not just rehashes or more franchise titles (cod, MGS, BG, and halo are long in the tooth please for gods sake how about something NEW)

9.  more fighting games ( to bad you didnt get Killer Instinct it would have gone well with mortal kombat titles for us fighting game people Smiley Very Happy)

10. and for the love of GOD keep the games and console at a reasonable price point ( XBFail at 500.00 USD for teh console is an absolute fail, also heard rumors games would go up 10.00 in price making them go fro 60 to 70USD to 70 to 80 USD( well personally this is why i buy used or wait for games to come down in price)

on the subject of game cost i would like to add this opinion of mine , games should cost NO more than 30USD to a MAX of 50 USD per game, especially when you factor in there is DLC you must purchase seperatley which gives me a feel of overpaying for an incomplete game .

if the sony can meet the about requirements then i see 400 to 500USD as reasonable for the asking price of the console ( but i would still wait for it to become reasonable for my budget which honestly is in the 299.99 + tax range LOL) but if they go the way MS has then 50.00 for the console is more realistic for what kinda crap they are pushing on the consumer.

these are just my thoughts and opinions on the subject, MS let me down HARD on their E3 presentation and still didnt cover used games ( I.E. how this would affect those mom and pop places that sell used games for 30.00 and under, although as i interpret it the game disk is just a licsense code and it downloads the actual game to the HDD making the disk have no use after initial which will put the mom and pop places out of business in used games and cause game prices to skyrocket everywhere else).

also the games shown for XBFail were of NO interest to me EXCEPT for killer instinct.

so to end let me say i am waitng for sony at 6:00 P.M. (thats 8:00 in central USA), to see if im going to move to sony this time or if i am gonna skip all of the consoles this time, i dont do netflix or none of that other stuff, dont play online ( except wow on my pc), and i definatley am not gonna spend 60 USD plus on a freaking game ( 30 USD is most i spend on a game title with the exception of VERY few like mortal kombat, rocksmith, guitar hero and then i waited till they came down got rocksmith with cable for 40 USD, got GH world tour bundle ( instuments/mic) for 60 USD). 

anyway good luck to sony, ill be watching E3 tonight Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 18 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Re: heres what sony needs to do at E3 with the PS4

Jun 10, 2013
I'm just going to hyjack your thread

How dare EA tease battlefront than talk about need for speed
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 2 of 18 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 10, 2013

no worries on the thread hijack i dont even bother paying attention to EA anymore due to how many times they have been an uber fail LOL

Message 3 of 18 (207 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 10, 2013
I'm confident in Sony . They got this ! Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 18 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Jun 10, 2013
disc*
Message 5 of 18 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 10, 2013

lordraptor1 wrote:

here is what sony needs to do at E3 with the PS4 to take the prize.

1. dont kill used game markets like MS is trying to do with the MSFail

2. PS4 need to have a user replaceable hard drive (unlike XBFail)

3. keep the games on disk not a freaking licsense code on a disk which then downloads to the hard drive

4. dont have the camera for move required

5. dont require an internet connection every 24 hours to be able to play games offline ( after 24 hours of being offline XBFail becaomes a brick to collect dust until it is re-connected online)

6. dont forget your CORE gamers ( which is what MS seems to be doing with the XBFail)

7. dont show game demos without sound, or the games freezing up the console like MS did

That has nothing to do with the people who are presenting. Thats the fault of the people who are running the broadcast and running the stage. 

8.  have a better selection of release titles not just rehashes or more franchise titles (cod, MGS, BG, and halo are long in the tooth please for gods sake how about something NEW)

We'll have both new IP's, and old IPs with new stories. Don't be so harsh. People will play the same old games because they are good.

9.  more fighting games ( to bad you didnt get Killer Instinct it would have gone well with mortal kombat titles for us fighting game people Smiley Very Happy)

The reason why there aren't many new fighting games all the time, is because they are a niche market as it is and theres really nothing you can change to make it different. Street Fighter 4 is still the best fighting game... and they have tournaments that can run into the 6 and 7 figure prize money for the #1 spot based on that game. 

10. and for the love of GOD keep the games and console at a reasonable price point ( XBFail at 500.00 USD for teh console is an absolute fail, also heard rumors games would go up 10.00 in price making them go fro 60 to 70USD to 70 to 80 USD( well personally this is why i buy used or wait for games to come down in price)
SCEA CEO Jack Tretting has already officially stated that games will cost anywhere between $0.99 to $60. If game prices really is a concern... save your money and like you said, wait a while. Or you could increase your cash flow.

on the subject of game cost i would like to add this opinion of mine , games should cost NO more than 30USD to a MAX of 50 USD per game, especially when you factor in there is DLC you must purchase seperatley which gives me a feel of overpaying for an incomplete game .

if the sony can meet the about requirements then i see 400 to 500USD as reasonable for the asking price of the console ( but i would still wait for it to become reasonable for my budget which honestly is in the 299.99 + tax range LOL) but if they go the way MS has then 50.00 for the console is more realistic for what kinda crap they are pushing on the consumer.

these are just my thoughts and opinions on the subject, MS let me down HARD on their E3 presentation and still didnt cover used games ( I.E. how this would affect those mom and pop places that sell used games for 30.00 and under, although as i interpret it the game disk is just a licsense code and it downloads the actual game to the HDD making the disk have no use after initial which will put the mom and pop places out of business in used games and cause game prices to skyrocket everywhere else).

also the games shown for XBFail were of NO interest to me EXCEPT for killer instinct.

so to end let me say i am waitng for sony at 6:00 P.M. (thats 8:00 in central USA), to see if im going to move to sony this time or if i am gonna skip all of the consoles this time, i dont do netflix or none of that other stuff, dont play online ( except wow on my pc), and i definatley am not gonna spend 60 USD plus on a freaking game ( 30 USD is most i spend on a game title with the exception of VERY few like mortal kombat, rocksmith, guitar hero and then i waited till they came down got rocksmith with cable for 40 USD, got GH world tour bundle ( instuments/mic) for 60 USD). 

anyway good luck to sony, ill be watching E3 tonight Smiley Wink

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 10, 2013

yeah increase my cashflow that would be nnice but that will only happen if my VA disability goes up.  your comment on fighting games being a niche market is actually kinda lame considering ALL game types are a nich market including those fps games like halo COD, BF, etc.  point i am making is there are so many FPS games like cod, MOH, BF, etc and the other genres are being left out in the cold.

my personal game library has very few fps type games and those were given to me and i dont even play them cause im to busy with mortal kombat, and my GH and rocksmith games.

Message 7 of 18 (168 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Jun 10, 2013

one more thing that would be awesome of sony to do along with keeping a user replaceable hard drive is a user replaceable BR drive, cant tell you how many times i have seen a PS3 with a dead BR drive and people saying sony charged them 150.00 to fix it ( i can replace the BR drive in my computer for 60.00 USD.)

Message 8 of 18 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013

lordraptor1 wrote:

yeah increase my cashflow that would be nnice but that will only happen if my VA disability goes up.  your comment on fighting games being a niche market is actually kinda lame considering ALL game types are a nich market including those fps games like halo COD, BF, etc.  point i am making is there are so many FPS games like cod, MOH, BF, etc and the other genres are being left out in the cold.

my personal game library has very few fps type games and those were given to me and i dont even play them cause im to busy with mortal kombat, and my GH and rocksmith games.

Its a niche market because there is very little market share in the industry. 

games like COD, Battlefield are not a niche game, Those are games that have sold many copies and profited in the hundreds of millions, such things fighting games are not known for

I think you're confusing "niche" with "genre". 

You can also get a job that pays more. I am medically retired from the USAF with a couple nasty injuries, but that doesn't stop me from working when I want to. (I am job optional). If you're not collecting a high enough percentage to prevent you from legally working, then find a part-time job that doesn't interfere with your injury.
Not trying to condescend, but if you want more cash flow, you're going to have to go out and get it. Not even the cost of living raise you get is enough.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Sorry gotta ask. Are they showing Sony presentation on Spike @6?
Message 10 of 18 (136 Views)
0 Likes