Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Re: here is a direct comparison of wut was shon @ e3 vs at ps meeting

Jul 24, 2005

Lance_Leader of TSOL wrote:
And everyone thought those trailers were CGI.........but i still want to hear something on Killzone

This Gundam game is a must have on my list!

sony said it was real time
Message 11 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6545 posts

Jul 24, 2005
alemen, the link should give some vids too. its more detaled than the screens. also no physics yet cuz it wasnt using any spe's,
Message 12 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8402 posts

Jul 24, 2005
damn I wasn't even here those days I need to catch up seriously.,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 13 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jul 24, 2005
There is just 1 thing you should consider asking yourself....is it REALLY REAL...or is it just KILLZONE REAL?? If by real you mean Pre-Rendered at less than 5 fps NOT impressive at all...I dont see why you would p i s s your pants over this..its not from a gameplay camera..so it could very well be another Killzone LIE!!

Maybe, if its real, I would think that its pretty good..but im not really impressed by a high-res robot walking down a good looking street...I wanna see what happens when a rocket hits a building...Thats when I will be able to form an opinion about the quality of this game. People are putting their focus in all the wrong places...Im tired of rockets not being able to take out a WALL or DOOR..CMON..

These game DEVs should be punched in the teeth for releasing "real-time" demos that arent even from a believable gameplay camera...After what sony has done in the past and already with Killzone i wanna see a japanese guy sitting in a room, banana phone in hand,hooked up to the air conditioner sized alpha kit, playing this game!!! EVEN if it has a CRAPPY framerate they should still show it..GROW A PAIR SONY!!
Message 14 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jul 24, 2005

The Voice of Reason wrote:
There is just 1 thing you should consider asking yourself....is it REALLY REAL...or is it just KILLZONE REAL?? If,by real you mean Pre-Rendered at less than 5 fps NOT impressive at,all...I dont see why you would p i s s your pants over this..its not,from a gameplay camera..so it could very well be another Killzone LIE!!

Maybe,,if its real, I would think that its pretty good..but im not really,impressed by a high-res robot walking down a good looking street...I,wanna see what happens when a rocket hits a building...Thats when I,will be able to form an opinion about the quality of this game. People,are putting their focus in all the wrong places...Im tired of rockets,not being able to take out a WALL or DOOR..CMON..

These,game DEVs should be punched in the teeth for releasing "real-time",demos that arent even from a believable gameplay camera...After what,sony has done in the past and already with Killzone i wanna see a,japanese guy sitting in a room, banana phone in hand,hooked up to the,air conditioner sized alpha kit, playing this game!!! EVEN if it has a,CRAPPY framerate they should still show it..GROW A PAIR SONY!!

are you **bleep**ing retarded or something? He was comparing gameplay to the movie at e3
Message 15 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2547 posts

Jul 24, 2005
Voice of Reason stop being a fool.
Message 16 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jul 24, 2005
Killzone was GAMEPLAY too...until they got caught...all im saying is that when the character in the "gameplay" is shown from angles that OBVIOUSLY wont be used by the in-game camera it makes it a bit more suspicious.... However this one actually is believable in my opinion...i just wouldnt put it past sony to stretch the truth again.

I did not once call it out as a fake..im just trying to put emphasis on the fact that it might not be "real" just because sony says its real because sony's definition of real is a bit different than the rest of the world.

here we go FLAME me..im retarded because i wont whole-heartedly accept it after being lied to before.................
Message 17 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2322 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Killzone,was GAMEPLAY too...until they got caught...all im saying is that when,the character in the "gameplay" is shown from angles that OBVIOUSLY,wont be used by the in-game camera it makes it a bit more,suspicious.... However this one actually is believable in my,opinion...i just wouldnt put it past sony to stretch the truth again.

I,did not once call it out as a fake..im just trying to put emphasis on,the fact that it might not be "real" just because sony says its real,because sony's definition of real is a bit different than the rest of,the world.

here we go FLAME me..im retarded because i wont whole-heartedly accept it after being lied to before.................

I,see what your saying. I got burned by sony Playstation 2 as well with,their fantastic stories of CGI graphics and such. However this is a new,day. Did you see the actual video of the Gundam Presentation from last,week? If so  you would have seen the guy from Bandai with the,controller in his hand and the Gundam moving about every where he told,it to move. I don't think you can get more game play than that man.

Message Edited by Big Preme on 07-24-2005 07:53 AM

Message 18 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Killzone,was GAMEPLAY too...until they got caught...all im saying is that when,the character in the "gameplay" is shown from angles that OBVIOUSLY,wont be used by the in-game camera it makes it a bit more,suspicious.... However this one actually is believable in my,opinion...i just wouldnt put it past sony to stretch the truth again.

I,did not once call it out as a fake..im just trying to put emphasis on,the fact that it might not be "real" just because sony says its real,because sony's definition of real is a bit different than the rest of,the world.

they never got cought.
,They admited that it was In-game, which it was...it was just running at 5fps so they sped it up for E3.
,how can they lie about something that is actually happening? sure they,stretched the truth a bit by making it seem like it was realtime (which,it was) at 60fps (which it wasn't) but that's like Microsoft lie, That,the 360 was playable at E3 (It wasn't, the games were but the systems,weren't)
Message 19 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

j

Jul 24, 2005
still looks like crap to me..
Message 20 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes