Reply
Jan 11 2013
By: ALBawesumness First Son 2 posts
Offline

help

8 replies 216 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

hi i just got a new ps3 last year in december 2012 super slim 500 gigabyte i was wondering if it gets YLOD Smiley Sad so in case anyone gets please reply here thx

Message 1 of 9 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
14041 posts
 

Re: help

Jan 11, 2013

How about re-writing your question - I have no idea what you're asking.

 

Did your console get YLOD?  If so, it's under warranty - take it back to the store for a refund or replacement.

 

Are you afraid of it getting YLOD in the future?  If so, there is no way to predict if and when it will happen.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 9 (207 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/13/2006
Offline
148 posts
 

Re: help

Jan 11, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

How about re-writing your question - I have no idea what you're asking.

 

Did your console get YLOD?  If so, it's under warranty - take it back to the store for a refund or replacement.

 

Are you afraid of it getting YLOD in the future?  If so, there is no way to predict if and when it will happen.


Pretty much this, the only way that you could do to help reduce the possibility of you breaking your ps3 is:

 

-Clean it with a can of compressed air , depends how easily is to gather dust were you have your ps3 (it is recommended once a month though)

-keep it in cool and spacious places

-NEVER disconnect the ps3 while is on specially when the HDD is working (this is like the last resort in case it doesn't respond)

-if possible protect it against power surge or power blackouts ( I use an APC Back-ups 1300 PRO for my TV and laptop as well)

 

its all you can do to assure you if it fails its a hardware thing and not because of you

Message 3 of 9 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12328 posts
 

Re: help

Jan 11, 2013

Teraclips wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

How about re-writing your question - I have no idea what you're asking.

 

Did your console get YLOD?  If so, it's under warranty - take it back to the store for a refund or replacement.

 

Are you afraid of it getting YLOD in the future?  If so, there is no way to predict if and when it will happen.


Pretty much this, the only way that you could do to help reduce the possibility of you breaking your ps3 is:

 

-Clean it with a can of compressed air , depends how easily is to gather dust were you have your ps3 (it is recommended once a month though)

-keep it in cool and spacious places

-NEVER disconnect the ps3 while is on specially when the HDD is working (this is like the last resort in case it doesn't respond)

-if possible protect it against power surge or power blackouts ( I use an APC Back-ups 1300 PRO for my TV and laptop as well)

 

its all you can do to assure you if it fails its a hardware thing and not because of you


No,

 

Sony Support sent me an email saying they do not reccomend you suck or blow anything through the PS3.

 

That sounds dirty I know.

 

So if you insist on using compressed air make sure the console is room temperature inside or you can break it from thermal stress.

 

 

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 4 of 9 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/13/2006
Offline
148 posts
 

Re: help

Jan 11, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:


No,

 

Sony Support sent me an email saying they do not reccomend you suck or blow anything through the PS3.

 

That sounds dirty I know.

 

So if you insist on using compressed air make sure the console is room temperature inside or you can break it from thermal stress.

 

 


well I forgot to add that about using it while is at room temp but I didn't know about it ruining your console, I mean I had a second gen 40gb PS3 for about 4 years and that's how i kept it running like new (I still switched it to a Super slim one but that's because of opportunity and the power savings)

Message 5 of 9 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/28/2008
Online
10864 posts
 

Re: help

Jan 11, 2013

Use the hose from a vacuum cleaner (a regular upright vacuum works well) on the vents on all sides about once a month to prevent dust buildup.

 

Compressed air can not only freeze internal components, but it can actually compact the dust inside the PS3, making the issue worse.

Message 6 of 9 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/11/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: help

Jan 17, 2013

well,let me explain you in a easy way im just asking if ps3 super slim gets the YLOD

Message 7 of 9 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
39147 posts
 

Re: help

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

ALBawesumness wrote:

well,let me explain you in a easy way im just asking if ps3 super slim gets the YLOD


Well my 3 year old Slim just did, can super-slim's too, probably yes.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 8 of 9 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
14041 posts
 

Re: help

Jan 18, 2013

ALBawesumness wrote:

well,let me explain you in a easy way im just asking if ps3 super slim gets the YLOD


Well, then, that would be a yes - nothing is immune to failure.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 9 of 9 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes