Dec 18 2012
By: josey088 First Son 2 posts

help to obtain the WPA key on the PS3 ... i cannot get WIFI

3 replies 109 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Guys, I am new to this . I am stuck at the settings , on the WPA step to get WIFI . I am connected to a NetGear 1750 router . I have tried everything but I cannot  for the life of me  find the **bleep**  WPA key . Can anybody help on guidance I can understand ? thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (109 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5173 posts

Re: help to obtain the WPA key on the PS3 ... i cannot get WIFI

Dec 18, 2012

Have you logged into the configuration settings of your router?  

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Finally... I found out what the problem was .   At first I installed the router , so when I installed the PS3  the router was already installed and working  (The first router was defective , so I had to replace it  on Bestbuy , without any fuss ... they just gave me a new one . Very rear thing because this one is suppose to be one of the best routers they have ) but anyway, no problems this time and the thing was running and working correctly in 5 minutes . So, I went to the PS3   and everything went well until I hit the WPA KEY step ... then I got stuck .  After 40 tries at least  I was really frustrated . The router comes with a special password key and a special network name , unique to each router , so I knew that I had the correct key password , but I cut not get  the PS3  to accept it . The problem was that the controller button  ,where you input all the letters and words , etc , is too sensitive and light touch and perhaps I was pressing  it  a little too long and the letters were being repeated  , so the PS3 was not accepting the password .  I made sure I was pressing the control light and short and , voila , the thing passed . No problem at all after that , everything is now set up  and done .  I was really frustrated with this thing , but all is well . thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5173 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Awesome!  

I found using the controller a pain, especially for typing messages, so I bought a wireless keyboard that works like a charm. 

Interesting note on the special password and network name - never run into that before.  I've always been able to choose my own network name and key when setting up the various wireless routers I've used.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)
0 Likes