Jul 16 2012
By: Skiperson First Son 1 posts

having problems with ps+

5 replies 77 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

i have 2 ps3s 1 that i dont play on as much and one in my room that i always use and we thought that ps+ was going to go through all of our accounts so my dad said just buy it on my account were already there so i said ok then i go to my account and its not there and i learned that all the ps+ things goes to my account like games themes etc.. except avatars which i dont care about so we started to hook up my bedroom ps3 and i put my dads account on my rooms ps3 and i download some stuff. then i went back up stairs to my old 1 to play borderland GOTY from ps+ and it says you need to download this again the software exspired and it says that on all the games were not working and the ps+ hasnt expired til 12/26/12

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (77 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28022 posts

Re: having problems with ps+

Jul 17, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

PS Plus is tied to the purchasing account, any content downloaded from PS Plus is downloaded to a particular PS3, not all PS3's, all users on a particular PS3 that has a PS Plus account active will be able to access the downloaded content, save for avatars that are for the purchasing account only.

I hope this helps, come back if you need further guidance.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (71 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community!  I can confirm what Brit posted, as that is pretty much how we have the 2 PS3s in my house hooked up.  PS+ is tied to my account, and I primarily play the PS3 in the living room.  My boys have a PS3 in their room.  Anything PS+ that they want (with the exception of avatars or anything else that happens to be listed as tied to the purchasing account), I download for them and all three boys have access the the games.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

PS Plus is tied to the purchasing account, any content downloaded from PS Plus is downloaded to a particular PS3, not all PS3's, all users on a particular PS3 that has a PS Plus account active will be able to access the downloaded content, save for avatars that are for the purchasing account only.

I hope this helps, come back if you need further guidance.

maybe im reading this wrong--- but that sounds incorrect--- it is tied to the name--not the ps3--BUT once on the ps3 all names can play it

the OP should be able to play the plus games on both of his ps3's.

EDIT--and when did we get boderlands GOTY with plus?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jul 18, 2012

There was a PS+ discount for Borderlands a while back.  I'm not sure if it was GOTY, but there was a ton of DLC.  I didn't pick it up because I already had so much crap in my backlog library.

As far as the quote about  PS+ downloads go, I can download any of the PS+ games to either PS+, and once downloaded, the games are available to all users on each PS3s.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Jul 18, 2012

yes the discount was GOTY- i picked it up; but that is paid for-so while the discount was because plus--it is no longer plus related because it was paid for/ if that makes sense

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (44 Views)
0 Likes