May 07 2013
By: Coda05 First Son 12 posts

hard drive server playstation plus question

5 replies 97 views Edited May 7, 2013

just had my hd error out and go corrupt on me. while i do have 3 years of saves on it the only real two things i am concerned about are the recent games ive been playing which is blops2 and nhl13. i understand these both have servers and i can go to the cod website and access my stats, question is if i reformat my hd and play cod again will my stats still b there like i never stopped? same for nhl13, will my win loss and pucks earned and hut team still b there? also i had ps+ which expired on the 24th of april. daily i would see nhl and blops during the daily routine, good chance my info is there too as i dont remember allowing it to save those games on the cloud service. my kid is also been playing lbp and i would also hate for his levels to b gone...but again...are they not on a server somewhere??

Message 1 of 6 (97 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38803 posts

Re: hard drive server playstation plus question

May 7, 2013

Coda05 wrote:

just had my hd error out and go corrupt on me. while i do have 3 years of saves on it the only real two things i am concerned about are the recent games ive been playing which is blops2 and nhl13. i understand these both have servers and i can go to the cod website and access my stats, question is if i reformat my hd and play cod again will my stats still b there like i never stopped? same for nhl13, will my win loss and pucks earned and hut team still b there? also i had ps+ which expired on the 24th of april. daily i would see nhl and blops during the daily routine, good chance my info is there too as i dont remember allowing it to save those games on the cloud service. my kid is also been playing lbp and i would also hate for his levels to b gone...but again...are they not on a server somewhere??

If you reformat your HDD you will indeed lose the saved data, this includes game progress & settings.

Saved data is saved on your HDD, to the cloud of you have PS Plus or to an external device like a USB / Thumb drive if you had backed-up your data before, unless you have any of these or can get your PS3 to turn on for long enough to make a back-up then your data is lost, sorry.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 6 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Coda05 wrote:

just had my hd error out and go corrupt on me. while i do have 3 years of saves on it the only real two things i am concerned about are the recent games ive been playing which is blops2  You mean, Black Ops 2, right? and nhl13 The hookey game, right?. i understand these both have servers and i can go to the cod website and access my stats, question is

if i reformat my hd and play cod again will my stats still b there like i never stopped? same for nhl13, will my win loss and pucks earned and hut team still b there?

Yes, your stats will be there even if you reformat your HDD. Since they're on the server, you will just download them from them. Now, this is only for multiplayer. All of the single player progress you have made (that is not used for leaderboards) will NOT come back. So if you were in a middle of a mission in the middle of the story, you will have to start fromt he beggining. I'm not familiar with the hookey game, but if its multiplayer has a server, then your online progress should be saved.

also i had ps+ which expired on the 24th of april. daily i would see nhl and blops during the daily routine, good chance my info is there too as i dont remember allowing it to save those games on the cloud service.

Well, when did your PS3 die on you? Now, when you say "daily routine" you mean the PS Plus daily update/upload service, right? Like the automatic save data upload to the cloud. If so, then it would really depend on when your PS3 died.The PS Plus cloud only saves your save data-- your single player progress and settings. So if you're worried about your multiplayer content, then it should be safe even if you didn't have PS Plus.

my kid is also been playing lbp and i would also hate for his levels to b gone...but again...are they not on a server somewhere??

Yes, LBP/2/PSP/Vita has a server which saves all of the levels that have been uploaded. Now, if your kid only had the levels on the Moon (the workplace for levels) and did not upload them then the levels will, unfortunatelly, not be saved.

Hope I helped! Smiley Happy

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 6 (83 Views)
First Son
12 posts

May 8, 2013

could care less about my single player stuff honestly. But yes Viewtiful Josh (your bro has a great game on the gamecube btw Smiley Tongue) your reply is exactly what i was looking for. The previous reply didnt seem to notice i was talking about stats / levels that are saved on a server. My kid asked me with the puppy dog eyes...soooo does that mean all my lbp levels are gone?? Smiley Sad at first i said yes, then i thought **bleep**, if they are gone, how do ppl play them online?? Thats what got me thinking into the nhl13 (yes the hockey game) and Black Ops 2. Ive played Blops2 since day one (gamer) and i would have hated to started all over again on mp, esp perm unlocking things again. 

And as per daily routine, when i would power the ps on, it would say the following has been bla bla bla....never really looked at it all i would see is NHL13 rosters NHL13 HUT NHL etc and at the bottom Blackops with a bunch of letters and numbers. from what i read ps+  keeps your info for 6 months, so my plan is to buy a new hd regardless (a 320 from a 120) and subscribe to ps+ again to get my cloud saves. Thing is whenever i started a new game (batman ac for example) it would ask me if i wanted to save online i would always just click no, (i wont b playing on anybody elses ps3) ,so i dont know if i actually clicked yes for nhl and blops2 to save online stuff. But im guessing i did "something". Sorry if this is a rant but ive been trying the last 5 days to solve this dilemma and thee LAST thing i wanna do is a restore before trying everything, i dont want to restore and come across something without saying...nope...tried that...didnt work...

Message 4 of 6 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Coda05 wrote:

could care less about my single player stuff honestly. But yes Viewtiful Josh (your bro has a great game on the gamecube btw Smiley Tongue lol fo sho. ) your reply is exactly what i was looking for. The previous reply didnt seem to notice i was talking about stats / levels that are saved on a server. My kid asked me with the puppy dog eyes...soooo does that mean all my lbp levels are gone?? Smiley Sad at first i said yes, then i thought **bleep**, if they are gone, how do ppl play them online?? Thats what got me thinking into the nhl13 (yes the hockey game) and Black Ops 2. Ive played Blops2 since day one (gamer) and i would have hated to started all over again on mp, esp perm unlocking things again. 

And as per daily routine, when i would power the ps on, it would say the following has been bla bla bla....never really looked at it all i would see is NHL13 rosters NHL13 HUT NHL etc and at the bottom Blackops with a bunch of letters and numbers. from what i read ps+  keeps your info for 6 months, so my plan is to buy a new hd regardless (a 320 from a 120) and subscribe to ps+ again to get my cloud saves. Thing is whenever i started a new game (batman ac for example) it would ask me if i wanted to save online i would always just click no, (i wont b playing on anybody elses ps3) ,so i dont know if i actually clicked yes for nhl and blops2 to save online stuff. But im guessing i did "something". Sorry if this is a rant but ive been trying the last 5 days to solve this dilemma and thee LAST thing i wanna do is a restore before trying everything, i dont want to restore and come across something without saying...nope...tried that...didnt work...

Now that you mention unlocks on Black Ops 2, saddly on LBP your kid will have to unlock the materials/objects he/she got in single player again. On the possitive side, your kid can download back the levels to his/her Moon, incase he/she wants to edit it.

Well, as you might know, PS Plus not only uploads your saves automatically. So the messeges you would have gotten when you turned on your PS3 might have been other things it was doing, like updates or something. I usually choose to accept on the games that I would like to have a backup of-- even if I don't want to take the save to another PS3. On that note, I wouln't recommend you to get PS Plus just to try to get the saves back (specially since you said that you didn't choose "yes"), but it is a great service to have. I guess just keep the HDD and see if there's any chance of restoring it (I'm no expert on PC parts... yet). And don't worry, I know how frustuating things can get with electronics.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 6 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
12 posts

May 8, 2013

i actually dont mind it, it has saved me money buying games i was going to anyways, but getting em even cheaper, even with the subscription, they do have good deals on games and i was actually going to pick up sleeping dogs next time i seen it, but its free on ps+ so no prob there.

If they were updates, they were daily updates, which i dont think any game really needs.

Also thinking about my stats, it would make sense if i did sign in to another ps3 with my user name y i wouldnt have my stats where i left off online.....

i was simply going to use my old hard drive as my backup after i get my new one, if it goes, oh well....my new one should last 6 months till the ps4 comes lol 

the sting of losing all my saved games as subsided alot since 5 days ago....im coming closer to acceptance and realizing in 5 years it wont matter anymore, its just my boy Smiley Sad oh well he can cheat his way through the games he plays again like he did in the first place :s

But its downloading alllllll the stuff again from the store......

Message 6 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes