MVP Support
11862 posts

Re: haha anyone else notice that the discussion on CFW3.55 was removed?

Apr 25, 2012

Re: Private vs Internet Remote Play

There's no way to separate the two.  Remote Play currently works the way it was intended to on the PSP.  If they disable any portion of that, you'd upset those that are able to use it (youtube works over remote play, btw).  At any rate, if you are playing at home, is it REALLY 'Remote' Play?  I don't think so.

Re: WiiU

Not a valid argument.  The 'handheld' is actually the WiiU's controller (not a separate gaming platform).  I have seen nothing that states the screen on the controller will be used for anything besides an auxilliary display like the subscreen/touchscreen on a DS/3DS.

Re: Paying extra for something that is already included

Do I really need to explain further?

Re: The 'pulled' commercial

It never appeared on TV.  It was a video on the PSN that was pulled about 10 minutes after it was posted.  That, in itself, was Sony admitting they made a mistake.

Re: PS3 games on the go

It will not happen any time soon.  At least not in the 'lag free' sense.  There are just too many variables where the internet is involved.  This is one area where Sony has zero control.

Message 11 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

you have totally missed everything i stated.

Message 12 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

i will post the WiiU video so you can watch.  It is a kid playing the WiiU, then the Dad walks in, the tv gets switched to a Baseball game and the kid continues where he left off on the tablet/controller thing. 

Message 13 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Message 14 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

everything you have posted here, really is just in defense of Sony, like they couldn't do anything wrong... please don't be like that.

There is a reason why when you go to Remote Play on your Vita/PSP it asks you which connection do you want: either Private (where it connects directly to the PS3) or via internet (where you connect via Wi-Fi).  They are different and yes, this is considered Remotely Playing something.

And, regardless if it was on TV or not, was it not an advertisement? Is an advertisement, not a commercial?? explain me the difference.  Also, this video was at E3 last year when they re-announced the Vita, so actually, yes it was on TV.  Also, it was on the website for a few weeks, maybe a month in to the Vita life cycle.

Message 15 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Sucks for anyone who was waiting for this as it looks like they're running into serious problems getting it to work properly.

Being in marketing myself I think the main reason they advertised this feature so hard was to get people to make the connection that the Vita was capable of PS3 quality games or at least in the same ballpark – no pun intended.

Message 16 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

i agree with you... but if they wanted people to think of the Vita playing PS3 quality games, why beat around the bush and not just say "Hey, this system has the capabilities of giving an experience of 'PS3-like' games".

Why would they announce Remote Play at all then? If you watch the advertisement/commercial video I posted, at the 40second mark is when they talk about Remote Play. It states using remote play will give access to PS3 games and content on the go... they don't announce which games, or when they will be available....

The whole reason for this discussion is to show and confirm that they have a lack of communication with their community and they don't respond to the issues that are present, they just remove things as if they never existed.  I am not a Sony hater, I love this company.  I just get upset because I have invested a lot of money and time in to their products and having a little feedback would be appreciated.

Message 17 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Apr 25, 2012

OptimusC; I just have to ask this. There are a few people who come to these forums everyday, complaining about the same things over and over and over. If people try to answer them, they will then be called a "fan boy" or whatever. And in the end the only thing that ever really happens is there are a bunch of discussion topics with pointless, repetetive content. Oh, and the complainers will gang up on some dude and start each other high fives...Yet they always put something like this in:

"don't get me wrong;  I am totally on Sony's side. I understand we are only 2 months in to the Vita's life cycle; I understand that it is up to the Developers; I understand that if Remote Play was used there would be a question as to why anyone would develop for the Vita, when they can just play their PS3 games; I understand that certain things are done in a certain order; I understand that there are articles saying that Sony announced this, or didn't announce it, or took back what they said."

Come on already. What does anyone think they will achieve from b!#ching on some forums? But what do I know right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally on your guys side. I understand that this is all pointless....

So thats it for now. And cue the horde of attackers I will soon have comming after my head....

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 18 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13853 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Death_Comes_Slow wrote:

OptimusC; I just have to ask this. There are a few people who come to these forums everyday, complaining about the same things over and over and over. If people try to answer them, they will then be called a "fan boy" or whatever. And in the end the only thing that ever really happens is there are a bunch of discussion topics with pointless, repetetive content. Oh, and the complainers will gang up on some dude and start each other high fives...Yet they always put something like this in:

"don't get me wrong;  I am totally on Sony's side. I understand we are only 2 months in to the Vita's life cycle; I understand that it is up to the Developers; I understand that if Remote Play was used there would be a question as to why anyone would develop for the Vita, when they can just play their PS3 games; I understand that certain things are done in a certain order; I understand that there are articles saying that Sony announced this, or didn't announce it, or took back what they said."

Come on already. What does anyone think they will achieve from b!#ching on some forums? But what do I know right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally on your guys side. I understand that this is all pointless....

So thats it for now. And cue the horde of attackers I will soon have comming after my head....

Photobucket Download any of my Custom HD Lock Screens, Wallpapers, and Themes for the PS Vita @ http://photobucket.com/DeathsDesign

Isn't that the truth, huh?

It's true though. Posting about it here doesn't really do anything. You can voice your opinion, sure.

But there's already threads that have people voicing the exact same opinions. So if people want to speak their mind, speak about it where it has already been spoken about, instead of making the same threads each week.

I'm pretty sure I see at least 2-3 DIFFERENT threads on Remote Play and YouTube a week

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Then it's that big of an issue.  If you are telling me you see these posts constantly... shouldn't something be done?

Going back to the point of this article which everyone missed.... where is the feedback from Sony?

The reason for these Forums is to complain and bitch.  If you can't handle it... don't come here. easy as that.

Message 20 of 29 (6 Views)
0 Likes