Apr 25 2012
By: OptimusC Wastelander 694 posts

haha anyone else notice that the discussion on CFW3.55 was removed?

28 replies 10 views Edited Apr 25, 2012

hmmmm.... perhaps it's a little too obvious that Sony is hiding/removing anything that has to deal with Remote Play.  I mean first it was the commercial which sony removed from their site, now the discussion on a FORUM.... really??????????????

just so that people know...

here is the official video, again, where Sony announces Vita uses Remote Play to access PS3 games and content.

Message 1 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Re: haha anyone else notice that the discussion on CFW3.55 was removed?

Apr 25, 2012

Nice.

They did advertise it and on their FAQs they said you would be able to use remote play but it's severley broken. Rather than removing these threads they need to talk to the customer base and tell them what's going on with it

Message 2 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Apr 25, 2012

As a person who has stayed with the forums for three years, it is always the rule not to talk about CFW here. Well, touching it lightly within a thread seems to get the pass, but making a thread to talk about a CFW is not. Same as other platforms.

Besides, there are people using CFW to cheat online. I hate those people.

Message 3 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

it was a discussion on remote play where a user was able to try his/her Vita on the CFW and just saying that it is surprising that this wasn't implemented when it works so well.... It is a point that needs to get across, it doesn't mean that we are all here trying to do that and "cheat" or become "hackers" or whatever... we want clarification on what was announced and what is being actually implemented... just an answer on what is going on, rather than removing statements and discussions as if things were never said.  it's very shady and suspicious.

Message 4 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10899 posts

Apr 25, 2012

It was removed because it was a discussion that included matters of custom firmware.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Such discussions are a no-no on these forums.

Message 5 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

how long do you think this discussion will last?

Message 6 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10899 posts

Apr 25, 2012

As for the Remote Play feature... I had this typed up, but was denied posting it when the thread was removed (it was in response to a poster that suggested Sony run remote play off of Sony owned servers, ala OnLive):

The purpose of remote play is to access content on YOUR PS3.  If it ran on Sony's servers, what would be the point?

That being said, Remote Play will be opened up to all content when they figure out a way for all games to work reliably over ANY connection.  It is called REMOTE Play.  REMOTE Play implies that you can play REMOTELY.

As for Doppel's quarter-second delay example...  that's a quarter-second delay... if you are LUCKY.  Realistically, it's more like a 3-6 second delay over most decent wifi connections.  Over 3G/4G, Remote Play becomes completely useless for games (15-30 second delays are relatively common).

The problem with true remote play (ie, playing away from home) is that there is no way to connect directly to your PS3.  That being the case, your connection to your PS3 is at the mercy of the quality of EVERY connection between you and your home network.

Message 7 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10899 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Probably not long, considering CFW is mentioned in the thread title.

Message 8 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Well what about Private Remote Play? I mean if we are in a direct connection with the PS3 when we are at our homes, this shouldn't matter.  I had written a post on another thread/discussion saying that this already should be available.  I am fine waiting for WiFi Remote Play to fix the bugs so it runs smoothly, but why not have it already available in the home?  I say this because it essentially is what Nintendo is planning with WiiU, it is their biggest selling point as of right now (maybe E3 will show more features).  The only draw back is that on WiiU it is on the home network, which is fine due to the fact that Sony could have an advantage over this because Remote Play could utilize Wi-Fi at some point once it works well.   I am totally on Sony's side, i want to help them. I see that there is so much potential that isn't being used.

I understand we are only 2 months in to the Vita's life cycle; I understand that it is up to the Developers; I understand that if Remote Play was used there would be a question as to why anyone would develop for the Vita, when they can just play their PS3 games; I understand that certain things are done in a certain order; I understand that there are articles saying that Sony announced this, or didn't announce it, or took back what they said.

What I don't understand is the lack of clarification and communication from the actual company.  Why remove a commercial that was placed on their website promoting their system because a statement was said about a feature in the commercial which was false? It was removed rather than Sony coming out and saying "Hey, we made a mistake here" or "This is what we really mean".

This article is not about the CFW3.55, it is about what is going on with what is being posted and what is being done.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense....

Message 9 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 25, 2012

i'd even pay $5 to each game, like the online pass, to allow this to happen.  it's not going to take away the purchases i make on the Vita.... like i'm getting mortal kombat, I have it on my PS3 and will gladly pay $40-$50 to have it on my Vita, especially since the Vita isn't always hooked up to online, just the fact that i have it on the Go makes it worth it.  Having the ability to play my PS3 games on the Go, would just add to the already amazing system.

Message 10 of 29 (10 Views)
0 Likes