First Son
18 posts

Re: >>Please add the ability to remove our own trophies!<<

May 31, 2010

It's about time this feature gets added. I don't know why it hasn't been implemented in the first place. I also would like too see the option to disable trophies at all because for some games I don't want to get them.

But we def. need a tool to remove trophies. I have that stupid Stardust HD listed with 0% in my list just because the retarded devs were too stupid to diable trophy support in the demo version (in which you can't even get a trophy).

Korjyan
Message 11 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 7, 2010

I would love this feature to be implemented as I have a couple of games that I wish I'd never bought and am having a hard time getting the trophies for them. I really don't mind taking a level hit if it means i can rid my system of these annoying games.

Message 12 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 7, 2010
Yh im sure 90% of users would love this ability.
played the ashes game people say its an easy plat so i borrowed it for like 3 days and realised im not good at cricket games and now the 0% is left on my account thats my lowest.

I have to get 50% and over for every game thats how i do it only that is ruining my record!

so yh loads of people would love the feature to delete trophies.

BTW sony im not trying to offend you it seems like your running out of idea because sorting your trophies isn't that huge but the feature we would like you to put in is interesting.

Quite basically people don't want to be scar'd all there life lol.
Message 13 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jun 7, 2010

Yaa!!!!! Let's protest! I just spent hours of my time, had to make a new psn account, and lost everything on it, even game saves, so I had to start over again. just because my brother used my file onece and Sony does not have this.

Message 14 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jun 7, 2010

Premeum psn?

Message 15 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 17, 2010

I concur with this.  I would really love the ability to remove trophies for the games that I did not enjoy playing and thus never plan on completing "100%".

Message 16 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 20, 2010

This issue has bothered me for a long time and I am also a completionist, but let's be realistic.

It's not right to force a company to open up their network and become vulnerable by allowing the community to delete trophies.

If they open up trophies to be deleted, they ultimately leave it open to hacking and people adding in the last few trophies they need.

Plus, Sony already did all of the work to get us trophies in the first place. We can't make them do work for nothing.

So YetiKong81... what's a more realistic approach?

HIDE trophy lists. If they patch the PS3 to be able to HIDE trophies, just put them in a folder at the bottom of the list. Then OCD people like me can just keep it as a "Recycle Bin" that you only have to look at when you want to and perhaps recover later (no regrets).

Also, it would also be really appreciated if I could organize the order of appearance on my console. Online is organized alphabetically, but I'd like to be able to re-order my trophies on console.

BTW: I'm no English major, but there's a few typos in your request to Sony.

Message 17 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 20, 2011

I was checking this site hoping there was an answer on how to do it!  I hope removal of trophies is in the next software update.

Message 18 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Lapwner wrote:

Yeah i agree....i rented a few games and the amount of trophies I have on them are embarassing. And PAIN and SOCOM have impossible trophies! So pointless!

socom want you to play the game for ever. the only way you can get there trophies are by
playing for ever. there easy to get, all you have to do is play and get lucky.

Free userbarsFree userbarsImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Feb 22, 2011

i see your pain in this post, and believe there is a good argument on 1 issue. i agree that a trophy list popping up from playing a demo, not getting the demo as a game, and being stuck with a trophy/completion list that u didn't want is unfair, and should be removable. i was a member of xbox, and if a gamer didn't get achievements in a particular game, then that person had the ability to delete the game history from their profile. i think that was a great policy microsoft implemented. i hope sony adds this feature in future console updates. On the other hand, I don't think being able to remove earned trophies is a good value for gaming in whole. trophies/achievements define a gamer's skill, dedication, time devoted to gaming, seriousness, and other values, too. in other words, it separates the average players from the die hard, and the elite players. all i can say about the unachievable trophies in games( closed down servers), do research on the game on the internet to see whether or not all trophies are attainable before u play it.i found out the hard way more than once. i think the trophy system should remain, as it has.

Message 20 of 23 (10 Views)
0 Likes