PlayStation MVP
16640 posts

Re: games you didn't buy because something a dev said.

Sep 10, 2012

xMedici wrote:
As for COD features...the ribbons you earn in game are COD perks. Matchmaking only, points pop up, auto aim, Only one person can die in Shoot out between two people, terrible on rail gameplay sections, scramble ability and more, terrible maps.

Ribbons you earn are not "perks"... they are in-game achievements, just like BF3's Ribbon system is.

There is no "auto aim", points don't pop-up(you only get a nice audible bleep that confirms your kill), I've been in plenty of gun-fights where both people die. 

Are you sure you've played Killzone?

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 11 of 28 (108 Views)
MVP Support
12262 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

I’m more inclined to purchase (or refuse to purchase) video games based on what developers do rather than on what they say. Developers can say whatever they want but at the end of the day I’m more interested in seeing what they have done with their time and resources. Usually when I tell someone that I’m not purchasing a video game it is because I don’t like the video game in question (nothing more, nothing less).

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 12 of 28 (107 Views)
Wastelander
593 posts

Sep 10, 2012
Didn't buy Uncharted 3 because Naughty Dog said they learned a lot from playing COD.
Message 13 of 28 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 10, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I’m more inclined to purchase (or refuse to purchase) video games based on what developers do rather on what they say. Developers can say whatever they want but at the end of the day I’m more interested in seeing what they have done with their time and resources. Usually when I tell someone that I’m not purchasing a video game it is because I don’t like the video game in question (nothing more, nothing less).

I take it John Romero didn't win you over with his Daikatana?

Message 14 of 28 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16640 posts

Sep 10, 2012

BoobooJones wrote:
Didn't buy Uncharted 3 because Naughty Dog said they learned a lot from playing COD.

Yes they did say that.... In regards to EVERYTHING WRONG about the game.

You should learn to include the context of the statement.

Uncharted 3 is quite an excellent game, and was quite successful in multiplayer

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 15 of 28 (90 Views)
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Sep 10, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

xMedici wrote:
As for COD features...the ribbons you earn in game are COD perks. Matchmaking only, points pop up, auto aim, Only one person can die in Shoot out between two people, terrible on rail gameplay sections, scramble ability and more, terrible maps.

Ribbons you earn are not "perks"... they are in-game achievements, just like BF3's Ribbon system is.

There is no "auto aim", points don't pop-up(you only get a nice audible bleep that confirms your kill), I've been in plenty of gun-fights where both people die. 

You've obviously never played killzone 3.

Message 16 of 28 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Sep 10, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

xMedici wrote:
Greygho51...games don't cost $1. 65 million x $60 = 3.9 billion.

You missed the part where I was speaking figuratively

except you used a terrible example. you said a game cost a certain amount to make and even if every PS3 user bought the game they would only make a certain amount...when you were way off.

Message 17 of 28 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16640 posts

Sep 10, 2012

xMedici wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

xMedici wrote:

You've obviously never played killzone 3.

I own it. You should look at my trophy list

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 18 of 28 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16640 posts

Sep 10, 2012

xMedici wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

xMedici wrote:
Greygho51...games don't cost $1. 65 million x $60 = 3.9 billion.

You missed the part where I was speaking figuratively

except you used a terrible example. you said a game cost a certain amount to make and even if every PS3 user bought the game they would only make a certain amount...when you were way off.

Doesnt matter if I was way off or not...... the point is that if you devote yourself to ONE platform..... you're only limited by the amount of available consoles that are in households. 
Making yourself more open to the public by being on more than one platform, assures the viability of your product and concievably doubles your earnings potential, or even triple.

If you look at some developers net earnings, you'll see they BARELY break even. 

Bigger developers take a bigger risk, because their budgets are larger. And for the most part it does pay off

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 19 of 28 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Sep 10, 2012
How can you not see the large white points popping up whenever you get a kill then???
Message 20 of 28 (57 Views)
0 Likes