Sackboy
474 posts

Re: games with online passes

Apr 1, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ZzCoMa_ToSezZ wrote:

why cant we buy a brand new game for $50 if we dont want the online pass? It costs $9.99 for an online pass through the ps store. lets say i bought God Of War and only wanted to play the campaign. then the game should only be $50!! why are you charging us for something we may not want anyways. at least give us the option.

Because regardless if you want to play the online portion or not, it still costs money to run and maintain the servers, create downloads, host them on the Playstation Store, and make and distribute patches on the network. If you're asking them to make the games ten bucks cheaper, that means it will cost the other people who want to play the games online ten dollars MORE. That's hardly fair.

This is a BUSINESS. They aren't here to be swell guys and bring video games to the masses, and doing all of the things I stated costs MONEY.

i understand everything everyone is saying. makes sense to just buy used. but if we pay the extra money then they should put that money towards something useful, like dedicated servers? i bet if they did that they would have way more sales

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 12 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: games with online passes

Apr 1, 2013
The idea of online passes reducing the game cost is a good one. That way they keep the used games market controlled and allow us to choose if we want the mp or not.
Message 12 of 12 (19 Views)
0 Likes