Oct 07 2012
By: mayhem__53 First Son 1 posts

game updates

4 replies 90 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

I have just bought a new ps3-250.  set up on wireless internet.  when I tried to play [ socom4] it went to , updates. it has taken 8 hrs so far and it seems to be stuck/stopped at 98%. it ain't movin. ????? I turned it off once and started over and it ran up to where it was and stopped.  I just want to shoot something.  will ps3 play without the internet?  I am not tec savy.   easy for most, jeez, not for me.  what to do

Message 1 of 5 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11000 posts

Re: game updates

Oct 7, 2012

Could be an issue with your wifi.  Try hooking it up via ethernet (wired) and see what happens.

Message 2 of 5 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Oct 7, 2012

mayhem__53 wrote:

I have just bought a new ps3-250.  set up on wireless internet.  when I tried to play [ socom4] it went to , updates. it has taken 8 hrs so far and it seems to be stuck/stopped at 98%. it ain't movin. ????? I turned it off once and started over and it ran up to where it was and stopped.  I just want to shoot something.  will ps3 play without the internet?  I am not tec savy.   easy for most, jeez, not for me.  what to do

I as well as many others have run into this problem. It's not your wi-fi it's the game. This is what you need to do. 

1) delete the dame from your system all together.

2) dissconect your system from the internet altogether. ( simply logging off of PSN will not work)

3) install the disk ( as if the Internet never existed and you just want to play a game)

4) after the disk loads all of its installed content to your hdd, then turn off the game, hook the Internet back up to your system, and press play. 

Now work game will download with out a problem.

I hope this helps

Message 3 of 5 (74 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 7, 2012

You CAN play the game without being connected to the PSN so that way you wont have to update the game, but updates DO in fact help with any issues the game has

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 5 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Just turn the WiFi off on ps3 and you can play or press O when it says to get the update .you well need the update to play online tho
Message 5 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes