Oct 20 2012
By: mattscat16 First Son 9 posts

game corruption problem

4 replies 110 views Edited Oct 20, 2012

hello, i dont really come on these forums a lot. but i have a problem. a week ago i bought dead space from psn store ( credit card). i have downloaded it multiple times in background and in the store. but everytime i try to install it , it stalls at the 14% mark. it gives the typical "the data is corrupted " or something and the code ( i forget, i think  its like 8002564 or something like that). i know my internet connection is fine and i have been reseting the modem and used both wifi and ethernet multiple times. i have also restored my filesystem , restored my system defaults, and have backed up my data then reformated my harddrive (160gb). the system i s relatively new (like 4 months). dead space1 is 8gb file, but i have downloaded larger files like RDR. any explanations ? i have heard that you can get your wallet refunded from sony support, is this true and do i qualify? 

Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Re: game corruption problem

Oct 20, 2012

Have you ever paused the download for any reason? That's what usually causes the installation to fail.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 20, 2012

nope . i wonder now if the game on psn is corrupted itself...

Message 3 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I had the same problem when I bought Maffia 2 and Just Cause 2. When Maffia 2 was downloading, my PS3 froze. Upon restarting it I had the typical message about restoing the file system because it wasn't turned off correctly...no big deal right? Well when the process began my screen went black and my PS3 froze again. This time I could barely get it to turn off. Anyway when I tried downloading the game again, the download went smoothly, but upon installation I got the same error you did at 14%. I tried 5 more times and each time the same thing happened. I tried the other game I bought, Just Cause 2, and the same thing happened. I called and wrote to Sony, and, with some persistance, was able to convince them to give me a refund for both games. The key is to be persistant and firm and not give up. The unsettling thing is that I'm positive that the first game I downloaded corrupted my HDD for good. I had to reformat it but I still have issues.  My PS3 just hasn't been the same since that experience.

Message 4 of 5 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 21, 2012

tell me about it...... anyway , thanks for the feedback! 

Message 5 of 5 (87 Views)
0 Likes