Jul 25 2005
By: onlykafei~ Splicer 75 posts

fall in the next generation- sadly I'm kinda burn nintendo :'(

64 replies 15 views Edited Jul 25, 2005
I'm known on playstation.com for my bad reputation however heres some 100% true knowledge you should take the time to read.  Even though my rep is bad I read this from several spots on the internet of Sonys choices. I have some major findings about Square-enix(probably old news) and their prices(Definite old news, but some may not know the half of all this.)

I guess I'll get to the point,

The blue-ray games take 50GB.---- while the Blu-Ray disk offers up to 50GB of disk space, it is highly unlikely that any game will use that much room. The disk-format, therefore, is highly unnecessary and is merely there to introduce the format. This can be likened to the failure of the Sega-CD when Sega tried to use a format that was then highly uneconomical (The CD). Also, in using the Blu-Ray, Sony is taking a large gamble due to the format war that is ready to break out. Currently, Sony's Blu-Ray and Toshiba's HD-DVD (15-45 GB) are poised to fight to replace the DVD as the standard optical disk format. However even though it holds less memory, The HD-DVD is currently gaining more support largely due to issues such as price and ease of manufacturing.

Prices---- The third reason why the PS3 will lead to the demise of Sony in the gaming industry is a major issue: Price. Despite what many companies like to think, people are not willing to spend $400 for a gaming console...And that is the low-end of what the system could potentially cost. The anticipated price for the PS3 ranges from $400-$800 making it the most expensive console since the Panasonic 3DO ($700). In addition, games for the PS3 are expected to range from $60-$80 in price. Controllers will likely cost around $30. So in order to buy a PS3, a game, and two controllers, you will need at least $490! The price is likely to be even more. Even Ken Kutaragi, Sony CEO said that 'you might want to get two jobs to pay for it'....And he's not kidding. The parts for the PS3 (Cell, Blu-Ray drive, etc) all cost a lot of money to manufacture. In fact, Sony is anticipating a total profit for the first year of -1 billion dollars! Oh, and don't bother waiting for the price to be lowered...It won't be. Kutaragi stated that the price will remain consistant throughout the PS3's life cycle. In addition, the system will be around $400 WITHOUT the hard-drive. That puppy will cost you another 150 smackers or so. Most of the world will agree that Sony's gargantuan prices are out of the common man's price range.
Game developement---- EA predicts that to make a solid game for the PS3, it will likely take up to 500 people! Now obviously not every company will use this many staff members but than those companies may have longer development times. Sony has also grown arrogant and is now charging large fees for game development. They, like Nintendo once did, seem to think that it is a priviledge to develop for their console. It is this very attitude that lost Nintendo the market

A MUST READ Gaming developers leaving (100% true) and the facts to show-----  One might say that such a thing won't occur, but it has already begun: Square-Enix is now reaching out to develop for all three consoles. They have also stated that they will likely stop developing for Sony after one or two more games. It is now only a matter of time before the developers leave Sony. Of course the PS3 will be well supported at launch. But eventually, developers will see that there is a greater profit to be made on the other consoles than on the PS3...And that is when Sony will be finished. 

If you did not read this you must hate me just for writing it and call me a fanboy. When you are the fanboy jumping to conclusions, I'm not trying to force you to read this but playstation 3 will stay not cheap and is losing evlopers already
Skywing Legacy
Message 1 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5098 posts

Re: fall in the next generation- sadly I'm kinda burn nintendo :'(

Jul 25, 2005
not another one
Message 2 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 25, 2005
another fanboy statement as predicted. count: 1
Skywing Legacy
Message 3 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4011 posts

Jul 25, 2005
Message 4 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
910 posts

Jul 25, 2005
Show me the proof that SE said they'll more than likely stop developing for SOny whne it was Sony's system(s)that has SE where they stand today, as one of the greatest RPG makers in the industry so far. Its my belief that they'll just benefit more from cross platforming and bringing all or most there titles to 2 or 3 consoles.
Message 5 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5098 posts

Jul 25, 2005

,onlykafei wrote:
another fanboy statement as predicted. count: 1

100% true knowledge ....... wow.......(true knowledge...guess what..thats 100% percent fanboy post..)

BLASPHEMY....
Message 6 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jul 25, 2005
Uh Oh HotDog! MGS4!
Message 7 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 25, 2005
.... its been stated in hundereds of sites if you have not noticed. Sonys charging to much for the developing licences and developers are already leaving ,
Skywing Legacy
Message 8 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 25, 2005
I cant even think of a word to describe this, so i'll make one up
,Crotsog 
,And you wonder why your rep is bad 
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 9 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 25, 2005
I"m not a fanboy just stating true facts. Fanboys jump to complete conclusions. (even if I was stated as a fanboy, its not possible),
Skywing Legacy
Message 10 of 65 (15 Views)
0 Likes