Nov 08 2012
By: vipper_strike First Son 2 posts

external hdd's

4 replies 110 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

i bought a 120 gb ps3 3 month's ago and with all the content available on psn speciffically the classics and not to mention the ps3 dlc you can buy and + all the game saves will add up i can see i would need more hdd space in the future can i hook an external hdd to install the games and dlc i get in the future and still use the internal hdd at the same time

Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29178 posts

Re: external hdd's

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Bro, throw some punctuation in there. And do you actually have a question?

Message 2 of 5 (103 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

vipper_strike wrote:

i bought a 120 gb ps3 3 month's ago and with all the content available on psn speciffically the classics and not to mention the ps3 dlc you can buy and + all the game saves will add up i can see i would need more hdd space in the future can i hook an external hdd to install the games and dlc i get in the future and still use the internal hdd at the same time

|Welcome to the PS Community & remember, punctuation is your friend.

No, the PS3 will only install/run games to/from the internal HDD. What you can do is upgrade your internal HDD to one with a bigger capacity & keep an external HDD, just as big, for backup purposes.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 5 (98 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Sorry i typed that on the ps3, and I'm trying to get use to the on screen keyboard. Well thanks guess i would have limited use until i spent $90 on the hdd.

Message 4 of 5 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Those $90 are most cretainly worth it, for I purchased a supposedly 500gb HDD for approximately $70, and it is in well working condition, with about 10 downloaded games, 15 disc games, my ipod songs, and about 8 video's. I only used about 140gb, so if you plan to download games, plan to have a good amount of memory. If you purchase games via disc, need not worry, for they only take up about 2gb on average, so if you only buy games via disc, don't worry. If you download many games, you shall cross that bridge when you get there, and when you upgrade, you will feel like you can download anything, a great feeling which relaxes the mind, and about the external HDD, an internal HDD only costs a bit more, so relax.

Message 5 of 5 (60 Views)
0 Likes