Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Re: error.. You have been signed out of PLAYSTATION Network (8002AA08)

Sep 6, 2007

johnhimself wrote:
This is what I get when I try to log into PSN:

"An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PLAYSTATION Network (8002AA08)"

I have been getting this ever since I downloaded the new update last night. The internet browser on my PS3 works fine, so obviously the connection isn't the problem. Is anyone else having this problem? Should I wait it out and see what happens or should I contact Sony?

Do yourself a huge favor and check your internet connection and your router. I also have received the same error numerous times in the past and every time it had to do with the problems I just mentioned.

Message Edited by SuperFist on 09-06-2007 07:10 AM
Message 41 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 6, 2007
I have the same problem, me and a ZILLION PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!
Message 42 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 6, 2007
When I returned home from class yesterday about 1 I signed into PSN just fine and then I went away for a few hours and when I came back it wasn't working I reset my wirless settings and tehy still won't work, But I can browse the internet!?
Bitter Sweet
Message 43 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Sep 6, 2007
after downloading 1.92 i couldn't sign into the PS Network at all.. but last night i got into Warhawk.  the problem is when i quit an online game (resistnace, warhawk, etc.) i immediatly lose my connection to the PS Network and can't get back in.  I have to restart my machine and hope to connect again.  it's all a crap shoot.  my router is fine b/c my computer and PSP work. 
Message 44 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 6, 2007
This is what I did to fix the problem on my Wireless network:

First off I'm using a Linksys WRT54G Router.

1) Updated my Routers Firmware to the latest Version.
2) I Used This as a Guide to Forward the ports on my router, then Setup my PS3 accordingly.
3) I Disabled UPnP.
4) Restarted my PS3

Anyway I hope this works for sombody else.

Here are Links to various Resourses I Found Useful:
You Tube Video about Port Forwarding.
Port Forwarding Guide for various Routers
Linksys Routers Firmware

A problem im still having is: that whenever I log into the PSN my computer, that is wired through my router, disconnects temporarily. (It's not a big deal though it reconnects in less than a second.)

Edit: I'd like to thank everyone on the forum that provided help to people for this problem. Go Team Go!

Message Edited by Solma on 09-06-2007 08:10 AM
Message 45 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Sep 6, 2007
Thank you very kindly knevermindme, your suggestions worked very well, from what I can tell.  I had to go into my router via going on my computer, opening up my Web browser, typing in 192.168.1.1 and editing the UPnP settings to disabled in there.  After I did that, everything worked hunkey dorey.  Now, I just need to buy Warhawk, I guess. =)

Message 46 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 6, 2007
I don´t have a PC in my house, any ideas ?

Message 47 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 6, 2007
How are you connecting your PS3 to the internet? By wire or wireless? The above solution that I mentioned works by disabling the UPnP setting on a Linksys Wireless Router itself(I also disabled the UPnP setting on the PS3 as well). It seems that this setting on this particular type of wireless router trips the Platstation Network up even though you may still be able to connect and browse the internet from your PS3.  

I looked at this problem a little more and it seems like the Network Setting on the PS3 is getting a conflict after an IP address is dynamically assigned from the wireles router. I noticed several times that it would resolve the IP address ( via DHCP) and DNS just fine, but would fail at the Universal Plug n Play part. This would sometimes cause my wireless router to go completely offline, (I physically had to unplug it and plug it back in). My suspicion is that the Playstation Network Security Protocol is too complex for the UPnP setting. With all this being said, I hope that a resolution can be found since this will limit using UPnP for other wireless devices that I would like connect to my home network.
Message 48 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sep 6, 2007
Ok, so I was having all the same issues many of you were. I finally got Warhawk to work just now. Don't know if this is a permanent fix or not, but it works for the time being.

1. Disable media server
2. Go to Internet settings and re-enter WEP encryption key - let everything else run automatically
3. Disable UPnP
4. Run connection test - mine finally came back "succeeded" for PSN
5. Clear PS3 browser of cookies and cache.
6. Block cookies
7. Clear authentication in browser
8. restart PS3

Don't know if one or all of these did the trick, but it works now
Message 49 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 6, 2007
Follow Solma's advice.  I did it and made sure to forward my ports as well just to ensure a better connection.  But you must disable the UPnP in your router, not sure if disabling it on your PS3 network settings affects the connection or not.  But now mine is working fine.  Time to play Warhawk which just came today.
Message 50 of 129 (21 Views)
0 Likes