Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
73 posts

Re: error.. You have been signed out of PLAYSTATION Network (8002AA08)

Sep 5, 2007
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I WILL TRYING THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 5, 2007

Yep. Seems like disabling my router'a UPnP fixed the PS3's problems for now.  But I still hope they fix this though with another update. Because I have other devices which do need Upnp. And everything was all so smooth before 1.92 came along. Ah well....

"MISATTACK OF THE DOUBLE U TWO..."
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Sep 5, 2007
Everyone: Disabling the UPNP option on your router will resolve the issue for now.

I'm sure PSN staff are hard at work at a resolution, but this should correct the problem for people unable to access the PSN store and online games.

S
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Sep 6, 2007
Ok.  I signed up for this simply to complain about this one single issue.  I first read threads about this problem happening several months back.  It's still persistant today, September 5, 2007.  I've tried resetting the PS3 to the factory defaults after I downloaded the 1.92 update.  And I've tried reconfiguring my internet connection settings as many ways as possible.  I can connect to the internet just fine and browse it all day long.

One person said:
"And by the way I'm also using a Linksys WRTGXXX wireless router. And all these 1.92 errors seem to mess it up too. ( The router resets and disconnects from all the IPs connected )
Oh well, seems like we should wait for another update then .... because 1.92 is a bugfest (at least for me)."

Yeah, that's the same exact setup that I have.  I'm getting the same problems.  It disconnects my iMac from the router, temporarily, has a brain fart, then everything is go again as far as my internet connection goes.  There's no firewall.  In my internet connection test, these are the results:

Obtain IP Address: Succeeded
Internet Connection: Succeeded
PLAYSTATION(R)Network: Failed
UPnP: -
NAT Type: -

A connection error has occurred.
(8002AA08).

This has been happening since yesterday (when I got the machine) and it's kept me from simply going to the PlayStation store to spend some of my money.

For $500, this machine's overbloated capabilities are failing very short, and quickly urging me to get rid of it altogether.

What in the world can be done to FIX this error??!?!!??

As you can see from my Internet Connection Test above, the UPnP doesn't even matter, because it's failing when it tries to connect to the PLAYSTATION(R)Network!!!!!

IT'S SEPTEMBER.  THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO FIX THIS.  ANY HELP OR INSIGHT INTO DOING THIS WOULD BE MORE THAN GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6222 posts

Sep 6, 2007

Sascha23 wrote:
Everyone: Disabling the UPNP option on your router will resolve the issue for now.

I'm sure PSN staff are hard at work at a resolution, but this should correct the problem for people unable to access the PSN store and online games.

S

I disabled it on my Playstation 3's Network Settings and it's still giving me the error when I try to log into the PStore.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Sep 6, 2007
WTH is going on!!!!! I can't play any online games now. Can I get a refund for this online only game called "Warhawk"? Aren't update suppose to FIX various issues???
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 6, 2007
mugoldeneagle03 is correct. I was getting the smae error and I am using a Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G Router to connect my PS3 primarily to play Warhawk. The wireless router kept booting me off. When I received an IP address, then I was getting an error when trying to sign on to the network.

If anyone has this router, or any type of Linksys router this is what you need to do:

Disable the UPnP option on the router itself. You have to connect to the router with a network cable from your laptop or PC. Once connected, then open IE and type this address in http://192.168.1.1
This will get you into the routers admin area. The  default password for you router should be admin (i don't think that you need a user ID for this). You can also access the linksys support site if you have any problems getting into the router.

Once you are in, you can disable the UPnP and save (I had to dig around for a bit, but I think it is on the security or admin settings). Reboot your PS3 and try the network settings again. You should be good to go.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 6, 2007
yes! thank you! it worked, it finally worked. I had tried everything else suggested (even plugging my ps3 using a wire to my router and even changing out the router itself) and nothing worked but this appears to be working. Now my ps3 is saved until the next update. Thanks again for posting this solution
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 6, 2007
disabling the UPnP DIDN´T work for me !!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 6, 2007
Disabling the UPnP on my internet configurations in my PS3 and DIDN´T work for me !!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 129 (20 Views)
0 Likes