Jul 03 2012
By: So_loe Monster Hunter 38 posts

dungeon hunter alliance

15 replies 142 views Edited Jul 3, 2012
I'm on the fence about buying it. Looking for some opinions of those who have it. Every review online turns into a negative nancy fest due to the 40$ price. I don't have an apple device nor a ps3. So the other versions aren't an option on my end.
Message 1 of 16 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Re: dungeon hunter alliance

Jul 4, 2012
Honestly I liked it a lot. Infact I still play here and there cause I've turned into a bit of a trophy **bleep** and the trophies require you to complete the game several times. And you finish the game around level 30. Then legend mode unlocks, unfortunately its just the same game again only the enemies start at level 33 and go up. Then there are trophies to get to level 50 and 75. It has a lot of replay value if your into that sort of thing. And I have to tell you I have a huge bias for these action rpg sort of games, so the fact that I like it so much may have a lot to do with that bias. Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 16 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Thanks man. I really enjoy these types of games. The fact that I can start a sort of 'new game +' is awesome. I wis pokemon did that. I have to admit I bought uncharted used from gamestop. Beat it, got all trophies except for 6. Lame bounty rare drops and the crushing difficulty. All in 4 days or so, returned it this afternoon, purchased metal gear collection and got a .53c return. Trophies that aren't bs tend to keep me coming back.
Message 3 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Sad to say, the 3ds absence of a trophy/achievement system somewhat keeps me from playing as much as my vita.
Message 4 of 16 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Relation to DH: A, is it difficult to solo this game ? I've played the demo numerous times and the boss they put you up against is ridiculously hard. I mean I like a challange but wow
Message 5 of 16 (133 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Just so you know, you're not supposed to double post (or in this case, triple post)

Just edit your first one to include everything you wanted to say.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 16 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Did not know that, thank you kindly sir.
Message 7 of 16 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jul 4, 2012
I'm not sure how the demo works, but if your like me and you kill absolutely everything you can possibly find, you should be at a good enough level to fight the bosses without wanting to throw your vita. That in combination with keeping your stats and special attacks upgraded. Oh and always keeping the amount of potions you can carry maxed out. Also there's another part of the game that is called pit of fire where it sends endless amounts of enemies at you and this is how you get the rare gear and stuff if you can't play multiplayer, I currently lack the multiplayer related trophies cause it seems like no one else owns this game.
Message 8 of 16 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Wow, online is that dead huh ? I'm assuming they're are trophies related to 4players and not just 2 ?
Message 9 of 16 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Jul 4, 2012

So_loe wrote:
I'm on the fence about buying it. Looking for some opinions of those who have it. Every review online turns into a negative nancy fest due to the 40$ price. I don't have an apple device nor a ps3. So the other versions aren't an option on my end.

I wouldn't pay more than $10-15 for this game.  I would wait until it goes on sale, which I expect will be soon.

Message 10 of 16 (110 Views)
0 Likes