Splicer
54 posts

Re: does anyone plan on buying both consoles

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

Of course Microsoft reacted to sales. Sony would do the same thing. The best way to listen to consumer voices is by looking at sales. Likewise, the same way as a consumer to make your voice heard is by speaking with your money. Sad how people don't get that. Even more sad that fanboys think Sony is totally all in for consumers. Sony wants profits just as much as Microsoft does. If it were the other way around, Sony would have changed their policies as well.

I find it ironic that Sony also did their own 180, yet Sony fanboys don't mention anything about that. One of the things they did a 180 on was going from an all in one entertainment system (PS3) to a more gaming-oriented system (PS4). Free online play to pay to play online. Cell processor (which they touted) to AMD, a PC processor.

Adjusting your game plan, no matter the reason, is good as long as the outcome is good, as is the case with the X1. Even Sony fanboys should appreciate that simple concept. Competition is good.

Message 11 of 71 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I would also like to point out to the guy angry that MS changed because of sales that Sony had plans for DRM and a Playstation Bar initially too.
Only difference is Sony noticed early that it might impact sales, so they got rid of it beforehand rather than arguing with people and telling them to buy old systems if they can't work with the new one.
Message 12 of 71 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Eventually I'll buy an XBOX One...

But considering my past history with MS it'll need to be proven to be a reliable console before I buy it.

I'm not buying loads of XBOX One's because mine keeps breaking like the 360 issues I had.

Message 13 of 71 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I may get an Xbox One but that's when it's price is reduced by $100-$200.
Message 14 of 71 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 25, 2013
was close, i mean i enjoy halo, but i can't justify buying that lame camera, and im not a big gears of war fan, it was the same stuff after the second one, became like cod, so only real exclusive i like from them is halo, so not worth buying a whole console for one game, and getting that lame camera to boot.
Message 15 of 71 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

I planned on getting both systems until Microsoft did all of the 180's. I have heard people saying, "well isn't it a good thing that they reversed their policies"? I think it was the worst thing they could have done. Xbox's base will never leave them so those policies would not have killed the system. What they did shows a lot of poor planning on their part and a total lack of respect for the consumers. Does anyone honestly think that Microsoft really reversed their policies for us, the gamers? NO! If that were the case they never would have come out with those anti consumer policies to start with. They caved in to public outcry and they were getting their butts handed to them in the initial pre-order sales. The only Xbone exclusive I am interested in is Titan Fall, which I bet will eventually come to the PS4. E3 killed my plans of buying a Xbox. All of those games were Demo'd on high end PC's running Windows 7. What were they afraid of? The PS4 demo's were done on PS4's.  I don't need another box that I plug into my TV, so that I can watch TV so for the first time in a long time we will be a single brand household. 

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Message 16 of 71 (204 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14162 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Yes, I have both next gen systems pre-ordered from Best Buy. The games are worth it, IMO.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 17 of 71 (195 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3429 posts

Aug 25, 2013

OrdealByFire wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

I planned on getting both systems until Microsoft did all of the 180's. I have heard people saying, "well isn't it a good thing that they reversed their policies"? I think it was the worst thing they could have done. Xbox's that will never leave them so those policies would not have killed the system. What they did shows a lot of poor planning on their part and a total lack of respect for the consumers. Does anyone honestly think that Microsoft really reversed their policies for us, the gamers? NO! If that were the case they never would have come out with those anti consumer policies to start with. They caved in to public outcry and they were getting their butts handed to them in the initial pre-order sales. The only Xbone exclusive I am interested in is Titan Fall, which I bet will eventually come to the PS4. E3 killed my plans of buying a Xbox. All of those games were Demo'd on high end PC's running Windows 7. What were they afraid of? The PS4 demo's were done on PS4's.  I don't need another box that I plug into my TV, so that I can watch TV so for the first time in a long time we will be a single brand household. 

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

If anyone honestly thinnks that a publically traded multi-billion dollar company did not have a price point set until a few hours before that press event, I have several bridges for sale...

Message 18 of 71 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 19, 2013
i always buy both consoles but i can't justify buying xbox cause with games xbox live assesories you looking over 700 dollers most games will be on both consoles
Message 19 of 71 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 19, 2013

I have zero interest in Xbox One. PS4 will have the best version of multiplats on console and has much better first party studios. You can count on Sony to deliver all generation unlike Microsoft that basically stopped making games other than Gears/Halo/Forza for the last 3 years.

Message 20 of 71 (161 Views)
0 Likes