Highlighted
Mar 05 2012
By: unliving-12 Lombax Warrior 211 posts

do you think the maintenance will bring more psp games

9 replies 9 views Edited Mar 5, 2012

do you think after the maintenance today will bring more ps vita-compatible psp games?

i hope so i've been waiting for ever since for atleast some of my psp games to work

Message 1 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Re: do you think the maintenance will bring more psp games

Mar 5, 2012

I'd really love that, but for some reason I don't think it'll happen. Not yet, at least.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Im just hoping it brings an update for the PS3. Let them see when we are online and maybe even join a party or private chat with vita users. If it brings a party chat to the ps3 itself I will be SOOOOOOO happy

Twitch Channel
Message 3 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Nope didn't bother to add a single game. Way to go Sony. You are really making me feel like this purchae was just as good as my PSP Go purchase. When do you think you will finally support your customers and give us a way to use content we already own?

Message 4 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Why would you expect Sony to have new content on a Monday?  They never do.

Also, Sony made it very clear that not all PSP titles on the PS Store will be available for the Vita right away.  Don't blame Sony because you either chose to ignore that information or didn't do your research before buying the unit.

Message 5 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Existing PSP games I already own are not new content.

Wether or not Sony stated that not all PSP games would be available, does not excuse the fact that they SHOULD have been available. This is just another example of being sold a beta product. If you do not have the resources to properly support your device, DON'T release it yet. It's not like they had a two month window from the Japanese release to get things ready. Oh wait, they did. Sony couldn't even be bothered to fix the endlees loop forcing an upgrade in the setup process when logging in to your PSN account for the first time. Two months and they couldn't be bothered to fix that? All I am saying is that this is not the best way to be starting out a new handheld, especially after burning so many with the PSP Go and it's lack of support. You would think Sony would have learned from those problems and have been more eager to hit the ground runnig with this release. But I guess not, the bare minimum seams to be more Sony's style.

Message 6 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Some people just like to complain.  The PS Vita is not being marketed to play all PSP content and (to repeat myself) full compatibility was never promised out of the gate.  There is backwards compatibility, which will be improved with support for more games as time goes on.  It's a new game console, with its own content and that content (mostly) works well.

btw, bear minimum? http://curiousanimals.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/cool-polar-bear-cub-nurnberg-zoo.jpg

EDIT :

LOL ... Even though you edited your post, I'm still keeping the mention of your spelling mistake, as it's damn funny

Message 7 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Mar 5, 2012

violent23 wrote:

Existing PSP games I already own are not new content.

Wether or not Sony stated that not all PSP games would be available, does not excuse the fact that they SHOULD have been available. This is just another example of being sold a beta product. If you do not have the resources to properly support your device, DON'T release it yet. It's not like they had a two month window from the Japanese release to get things ready. Oh wait, they did. Sony couldn't even be bothered to fix the endlees loop forcing an upgrade in the setup process when logging in to your PSN account for the first time. Two months and they couldn't be bothered to fix that? All I am saying is that this is not the best way to be starting out a new handheld, especially after burning so many with the PSP Go and it's lack of support. You would think Sony would have learned from those problems and have been more eager to hit the ground runnig with this release. But I guess not, the bare minimum seams to be more Sony's style.

1. If every PSP game WAS available immediately, you'd be here whining about certain games not working properly instead.

2. Don't release it til everything is completely set up? Glad they don't take advice from you, pal, or I'd still be waiting for my Vita. Thanks a lump, though.

3. Endless loop? I figured out how to get through that in 1 minute.

4. PSPGo was not a new system, it was just a PSP with no UMD or ANY slot for games. What did you think was gonna happen?

And to people expecting more stuff today, you should know by now that yesterday's maintenance was for tomorrow's content, whatever it may be. I just hope it wasn't lame like last Tuesday.

Message 8 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Mar 5, 2012

updates are on tuesdays, just like new game releases

this is my signature
Message 9 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Mar 5, 2012

That would be awesome!!! crossing my fingers!!!!

Message 10 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes