Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

Teus wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

family_guy_chris wrote:

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 

Your account is your account.  Your trophies and such are on the Network, not bound to a particular console.

While you can wait until you have a PS4 to purchase a subscription to PS+, since you have a PS3, you could already benefit from subscribing, as there are a number of free games and discounts you could be taking advantage of right now.

But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

BRIT-KO

but that really isnt an issue if you plan on keeping the ps3...\i am planning on keeping it at least until it dies

Agreed, but some folks don't think that far ahead - or can't.  Some people really can't pass up the opportunity to trade in a PS3 at a relativvely high value for a PS4 (if they want a PS4).

Believe it or not, I really try to keep this in mind when I see BC threads - not everyone is in the same position.  Granted, most of those early BC threads had the logic of "I don't have enough room for both", so, it tarnishes the concern, but, the fact remains that some people have legitmate reasons not to have both.

I think those reasons are more than feasible to overcome, but the concerns are valid. :smileyhappy:

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9312 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Teus wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

family_guy_chris wrote:

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 

Your account is your account.  Your trophies and such are on the Network, not bound to a particular console.

While you can wait until you have a PS4 to purchase a subscription to PS+, since you have a PS3, you could already benefit from subscribing, as there are a number of free games and discounts you could be taking advantage of right now.

But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

BRIT-KO

but that really isnt an issue if you plan on keeping the ps3...\i am planning on keeping it at least until it dies

Agreed, but some folks don't think that far ahead - or can't.  Some people really can't pass up the opportunity to trade in a PS3 at a relativvely high value for a PS4 (if they want a PS4).

Believe it or not, I really try to keep this in mind when I see BC threads - not everyone is in the same position.  Granted, most of those early BC threads had the logic of "I don't have enough room for both", so, it tarnishes the concern, but, the fact remains that some people have legitmate reasons not to have both.

I think those reasons are more than feasible to overcome, but the concerns are valid. :smileyhappy:

while i may not be able to afford to plunk down $399 immediatly for a ps4, i found a way that i could afford to do it by paying it off little by little...   so far i got $300 down on my ps4  

>

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 13 (52 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7761 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Teus wrote:
while i may not be able to afford to plunk down $399 immediatly for a ps4, i found a way that i could afford to do it by paying it off little by little...   so far i got $300 down on my ps4  

Yep.  We are so far out from the PS4's launch at this point, you could skip a weekly trip to Olive Garden or Texas Roadhouse, put that money in a piggy bank instead, and by the middle of November, that piggy bank would have enough cash in it for the PS4 and possibly a game or two to go with it.  It's all about budgeting the cash for it.

To simplify things even further, you could treat your preorder as a layaway program.  Take that cash (I believe the minimum at retail for a console preorder is $50), preorder a PS4 (and any games to go with it that you want - minimum $5 each), and add more money to that preorder each week.

It is now 16 weeks until the 'presumed' release of November 15.  If you wanted to preorder the PS4, an extra controller and two games, that would be $580 (+tax).  For the sake of simplicity, we'll call it $600.  You would walk into Gamestop today to plop down the cash for the preorder.  $600 - $65.  You then have a balance of $535.  Between now and the day the PS4 is released, you could walk back into Gamestop and drop another $33 and change each week, and your PS4, controller and games will be paid for before it is released.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 13 (42 Views)
0 Likes