Reply
Jul 28 2013
By: family_guy_chris First Son 5 posts
Offline

do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

12 replies 379 views Edited Jul 28, 2013

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 

Message 1 of 13 (379 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
44274 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

family_guy_chris wrote:

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 


Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

No, there is no charge, when . if you get  aPS4 you jsut sign in with the same PSN ID & password you do now.

 

The only reason you'll need a Plus Subscription for the PS4 is if you want to be able to play online, there is no need to subcribe before you get your PS4.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 2 of 13 (372 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
5459 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

No your name will transfer over for free, however the ps4 does require PS+ for online play. 

Message 3 of 13 (371 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/28/2008
Offline
11857 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

family_guy_chris wrote:

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 


Your account is your account.  Your trophies and such are on the Network, not bound to a particular console.

 

While you can wait until you have a PS4 to purchase a subscription to PS+, since you have a PS3, you could already benefit from subscribing, as there are a number of free games and discounts you could be taking advantage of right now.

Message 4 of 13 (364 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 07/16/2012
Online
14691 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

It's free of charge if you're transfering your PSN account to the PS4.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669

Message 5 of 13 (361 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
44274 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

family_guy_chris wrote:

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 


Your account is your account.  Your trophies and such are on the Network, not bound to a particular console.

 

While you can wait until you have a PS4 to purchase a subscription to PS+, since you have a PS3, you could already benefit from subscribing, as there are a number of free games and discounts you could be taking advantage of right now.


But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 6 of 13 (355 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/28/2008
Offline
11857 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:
But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

 

BRIT-KO


True dat.  I suppose since I don't plan on getting rid of either of my PS3s, I just assume that would be the norm...  [shrug]

Message 7 of 13 (349 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/27/2013
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

The PlayStation network wont change but the console terms will for example, ps3 you dont pay money to acess multiplayer content but ps4 you need money for multiplayer content you understand?

Message 8 of 13 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
44274 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:
But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

 

BRIT-KO


True dat.  I suppose since I don't plan on getting rid of either of my PS3s, I just assume that would be the norm...  [shrug]


Sorry BBurg, I wasn't trying to jump in there etc, just wanted the OP to be aware that the games weren't transferrable/playable on the PS4.

BRIT-KO

 

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 9 of 13 (323 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
12786 posts
 

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

Jul 28, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

family_guy_chris wrote:

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 


Your account is your account.  Your trophies and such are on the Network, not bound to a particular console.

 

While you can wait until you have a PS4 to purchase a subscription to PS+, since you have a PS3, you could already benefit from subscribing, as there are a number of free games and discounts you could be taking advantage of right now.


But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

 

BRIT-KO


but that really isnt an issue if you plan on keeping the ps3...\i am planning on keeping it at least until it dies

>

Message 10 of 13 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes