Highlighted
Jul 28 2013
By: family_guy_chris First Son 5 posts

do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

12 replies 334 views Edited Jul 28, 2013

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 

Message 1 of 13 (334 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39410 posts

Re: do I have to pay for my ps3 account to transfer to the ps4?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

family_guy_chris wrote:

We have already found out that names and trophies go over to the ps4 but do I have to pay for that to happen? I am using the free network on my ps3 and I want my name for the ps4. Do I have to get plus for the ps3 for my name to be safe or can I just pay when I get the ps4. Since I am on youtube I dont want someone taking my name. So do I have to get plus now to get my account later? 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

No, there is no charge, when . if you get  aPS4 you jsut sign in with the same PSN ID & password you do now.

The only reason you'll need a Plus Subscription for the PS4 is if you want to be able to play online, there is no need to subcribe before you get your PS4.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 13 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4649 posts

Jul 28, 2013

No your name will transfer over for free, however the ps4 does require PS+ for online play. 

Message 3 of 13 (326 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10901 posts

Jul 28, 2013

family_guy_chris wrote:

Your account is your account.  Your trophies and such are on the Network, not bound to a particular console.

While you can wait until you have a PS4 to purchase a subscription to PS+, since you have a PS3, you could already benefit from subscribing, as there are a number of free games and discounts you could be taking advantage of right now.

Message 4 of 13 (319 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13771 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

It's free of charge if you're transfering your PSN account to the PS4.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 5 of 13 (316 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39410 posts

Jul 28, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

family_guy_chris wrote:

Your account is your account.  Your trophies and such are on the Network, not bound to a particular console.

While you can wait until you have a PS4 to purchase a subscription to PS+, since you have a PS3, you could already benefit from subscribing, as there are a number of free games and discounts you could be taking advantage of right now.

But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 13 (310 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10901 posts

Jul 28, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:
But any purchases you make now on your PS3 with Plus will not be playable on a PS4 when you get one.

BRIT-KO

True dat.  I suppose since I don't plan on getting rid of either of my PS3s, I just assume that would be the norm...  [shrug]

Message 7 of 13 (304 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 28, 2013

The PlayStation network wont change but the console terms will for example, ps3 you dont pay money to acess multiplayer content but ps4 you need money for multiplayer content you understand?

Message 8 of 13 (299 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39410 posts

Jul 28, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

True dat.  I suppose since I don't plan on getting rid of either of my PS3s, I just assume that would be the norm...  [shrug]

Sorry BBurg, I wasn't trying to jump in there etc, just wanted the OP to be aware that the games weren't transferrable/playable on the PS4.

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 13 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11686 posts

Jul 28, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

family_guy_chris wrote:

BRIT-KO

but that really isnt an issue if you plan on keeping the ps3...\i am planning on keeping it at least until it dies

>

Message 10 of 13 (226 Views)
0 Likes