Highlighted
Oct 08 2012
By: amoede First Son 30 posts

dishonored and day 1 digital

16 replies 980 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

does anyone know if this game will unlock at midnight?  if not i will spend the extra $6 and get it at gamestop.  day 1 digital is great and the + discount is ever better but i want to play the game not wait untill sometime in the afternoon to start a huge download that wont be done untill the next day.  kinda pointless.  but if i can download it at midnight and its ready for me in the morning tuesday thats great.  otherwise i will just buy retail so i dont have to wait around for another 24 hours after release to play it.  sony needs to let us preload these titles and they need to unlock at midnight or this service isnt gonna take off.

Message 1 of 17 (980 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

Re: dishonored and day 1 digital

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

From the Day 1 Digital Terms and Conditions;

A. Reward Incentive

1. Eligible Persons who pre-order one or more of the four titles listed below (the “PSN Day One Digital Games”) from PlayStation®Store during the PSN Day One Digital program (09/25/2012 – 10/29/2012, 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time) will receive an exclusive PS3™ XMB theme of the game. In addition, all active PlayStation®Plus members will receive ten percent (10%) off the PlayStation®Network retail price with Pre-order purchase (the “BONUS Gift”).

http://us.playstation.com/day-1-digital/terms-and-conditions/

My guess is that since the Store is updated at 7pm Eastern Standard Time, that's when you'll be able to buy it. 

Message 2 of 17 (975 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

right which sucks. i am ct so why do i want to preorder this game i want to play so badly when i cant even get it untill 6pm on release day and with my 1.5mb dsl a 7gb game takes like10 freaking hours to download. i would buy all my new releases day 1 digital it i could actualy play it day 1. i for one prefer digital vs physical just for the simple fact i dont have to swap discs all the time and i have been buying digital for years on pc. but when i rly want to play a game and have the day off of work i will just run and pick up retail so i can actualy play it that day. steam has been letting us preload for years and sony needs to take serious note.  if it wasnt for those darn trophies and me having to stay ahead of my friend i would just preload it on steam.

Message 3 of 17 (965 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41713 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Even as a Plus Subscriber, the small discount we get, & the free theme all still make me go buy the physical disc, the incentive just isn't there for me yet.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 17 (947 Views)
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

Oct 8, 2012

amoede wrote:

right which sucks. i am ct so why do i want to preorder this game i want to play so badly when i cant even get it untill 6pm on release day and with my 1.5mb dsl a 7gb game takes like10 freaking hours to download. i would buy all my new releases day 1 digital it i could actualy play it day 1. i for one prefer digital vs physical just for the simple fact i dont have to swap discs all the time and i have been buying digital for years on pc. but when i rly want to play a game and have the day off of work i will just run and pick up retail so i can actualy play it that day. steam has been letting us preload for years and sony needs to take serious note.  if it wasnt for those darn trophies and me having to stay ahead of my friend i would just preload it on steam.

Couple important points to bring up;

1. This isn't Steam. And despite what PC gamers WANT to believe, Gabe Newell isn't being a swell guy when he incoporates Steamworks into games. He's doing it so they can't be sold on any other digital platform, and he's preventing you from reselling your copies you bought at retail. The practice of bundling a third piece of software with something you bought was found to be illeagal in the 1999 Supreme Court Descision The United States vs. Microsoft. I don't know Valve has been allowed to get away it for this long quite frankly. 
  2. Second, you have MORE (note the correct spelling, and not internet variant) buying a retail copy. Reason being you can turn around and sell it for CASH when you get tired of. For some strange reason the online pass is looked at with scorn by gamers, but Steam's DRM scheme they don't have a problem with? That's a double standard. 

The Steam business model isn't the most viable for consoles, and quite frankly it's one that I hope they attempt to avoid all together. 

Message 5 of 17 (919 Views)
Splicer
79 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I just tried to set my time zone so its passed midnight but wont let me download it.

Im sure it will be available early morning and they wont wait till 7PM to put it in the store.

They have done this before with different betas and other things.

Im guessing it will be available 12:00AM Pacific that way its midnight for all of U.S. so ima try then

Message 6 of 17 (711 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 9, 2012

this is some **bleep** if i cant download at midnight i should have bought the disc at Gamestop i better be able to download this at 2am. i was hoping to have it downloaded by 2 and play all day but nope you suck sony i thought i give you a chance and your letting me down.

Message 7 of 17 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Oct 9, 2012
I just realized we prolly arent going to be able to download it tonight. If It was going to be available at midnight I think Sony would have promoted that and it would probably say it on the pre-order page. We prolly will have to wait a while thats why they call it day 1 digital cause and not midnight digital
Message 8 of 17 (692 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I really wish they would have just told us so I wouldn't have stayed up all night wondering if it was coming or not? Anyone know if its on there?

Message 9 of 17 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Day 1 Digital program needs to launch at midnight EST.
Message 10 of 17 (640 Views)
0 Likes