Reply
Feb 08 2012
By: eaglefan129 Treasure Hunter 8821 posts
Offline

did anyone buy hots shots?

9 replies 12 views Edited Feb 8, 2012

Did you get a online pass? cause I didn't

Message 1 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/20/2009
Offline
47 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

I'm pretty sure the online pass comes with the new game.

Message 2 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/16/2003
Offline
1794 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

I think he meant did anybody buy the digital version off the PS Store

Message 3 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/08/2008
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

Currently the way it works is retail is supposed to come with a code card to activate online via psn, if you however bought it digitallly from psn it is included.

Hopefully you bought the digital version, otherwise you might be missing your sheet with the voucher code =/

On a side note:

This is why it's bad to buy things from EB when they seem to pre-open every game and then claim it's brand new after the fact...(remember the fiasco of them removing vouchers!) I have even bought games that they have put a sticker on it to seal it only to get home and find the case was missing the disk!!! Needless to say I shop elsewhere now...not nice!

Message 4 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
8821 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

yea everything is good it took a while to show up that I bought it.

Message 5 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/08/2008
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

Good stuff =) I'm glad to hear that you got it worked out!

Message 6 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/02/2005
Offline
11595 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

Sniffynose wrote:

Currently the way it works is retail is supposed to come with a code card to activate online via psn, if you however bought it digitallly from psn it is included.

Hopefully you bought the digital version, otherwise you might be missing your sheet with the voucher code =/

On a side note:

This is why it's bad to buy things from EB when they seem to pre-open every game and then claim it's brand new after the fact...(remember the fiasco of them removing vouchers!) I have even bought games that they have put a sticker on it to seal it only to get home and find the case was missing the disk!!! Needless to say I shop elsewhere now...not nice!

the voucher thing was only because they dont want a ad from a company that eb would consider to be a competitor.. 

>

Message 7 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/08/2008
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

Teus wrote:

Sniffynose wrote:

Currently the way it works is retail is supposed to come with a code card to activate online via psn, if you however bought it digitallly from psn it is included.

Hopefully you bought the digital version, otherwise you might be missing your sheet with the voucher code =/

On a side note:

This is why it's bad to buy things from EB when they seem to pre-open every game and then claim it's brand new after the fact...(remember the fiasco of them removing vouchers!) I have even bought games that they have put a sticker on it to seal it only to get home and find the case was missing the disk!!! Needless to say I shop elsewhere now...not nice!

the voucher thing was only because they dont want a ad from a company that eb would consider to be a competitor.. 

>

True enough, but I've never liked how they sell you "new" games that are already opened, you really can't tell the difference between used and new sometimes, and well you know how much trouble their used games are getting us into now (online passes for us all )

Message 8 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/07/2006
Offline
2213 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

Sniffynose wrote:

Teus wrote:

Sniffynose wrote:

Currently the way it works is retail is supposed to come with a code card to activate online via psn, if you however bought it digitallly from psn it is included.

Hopefully you bought the digital version, otherwise you might be missing your sheet with the voucher code =/

On a side note:

This is why it's bad to buy things from EB when they seem to pre-open every game and then claim it's brand new after the fact...(remember the fiasco of them removing vouchers!) I have even bought games that they have put a sticker on it to seal it only to get home and find the case was missing the disk!!! Needless to say I shop elsewhere now...not nice!

the voucher thing was only because they dont want a ad from a company that eb would consider to be a competitor.. 

>

True enough, but I've never liked how they sell you "new" games that are already opened, you really can't tell the difference between used and new sometimes, and well you know how much trouble their used games are getting us into now (online passes for us all )

Yea that did that to me once.. and it was the only time I shopped there.. I bought Uncharted 2.. New in box, $49.99 and this was last year.  I also bought another game that was 59.99 and I asked them if they were new, in the box never opened, and he said yes.  I get home... and both boxes were opened and the CD's were scratched.  Needless to say I filled out their survey and never heard from them.  So, I will NOT shop there again.

Message 9 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/01/2011
Offline
922 posts
 

Re: did anyone buy hots shots?

Feb 8, 2012

I bought Hot Shots Golf as well, and at first I thought they didn't give me the online pass because Wipeout came with a separate download. Then I realized that the online pass is in my services list for my account so it's no big deal.

@sniffynose if you preorder games at Gamestop/EB Games they always come sealed. If you buy them new after release date the employees take games home to play them and then bring them back to sell as new. Never buy new games from them unless you order online or preorder in store that's the only way you will get sealed new games.

Message 10 of 10 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes