Nov 06 2012
By: CTBN Lombax Warrior 158 posts

daylight savings not working

[ Edited ]
5 replies 650 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

it says that psn is login, it will auto change the time but it still shows an hr ahead.

when i click on  internet time still shows an hr ahead.

the only way to fix this is to set to standard... so why isnt the daylight saving settings not working?

Message 1 of 6 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Re: daylight savings not working

Nov 6, 2012

Sure it sets the current time, but it's still up to you to chance it back and forth. Otherwise you are always an hour early or late.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 6 (641 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 6, 2012
There is a daylight savings time setting that must be enabled manually, unfortunately it does not work automatically...
Message 3 of 6 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Nov 6, 2012

manually still doesn't work because it will go forward when connected to psn... to avoid this I have to change from day light savings to standard so it will not change back and foruth...

why bother having day light saving  if it doesn't work?

Message 4 of 6 (608 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 6, 2012

On Daylight Savings, an old Native American once said;

‘Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.’

So True.

Moble

Message 5 of 6 (605 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5434 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

On Daylight Savings, an old Native American once said;

‘Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.’

So True.

Moble

That would make sense if daylight savings was intended to make days longer, but if anyone believes that (white or not :smileytongue:) they are clearly misunderstanding it.  Regardless, I think it's somewhat silly and it would be much simpler to not use it.  It also seems silly to me that the PS3 has an automatic setting and a daylight savings setting but can't figure out daylight savings automatically.

Message 6 of 6 (583 Views)
0 Likes