First Son
10 posts

Re: data transfer utility not working

Nov 28, 2011

Awesome - thanks for the tip about turning off internet and media server.  Had the same problem (fat to new slim) Transferring now.... says almost 2 hours remain Smiley Frustrated  hopefully it finishes before I get another RLOD

Message 51 of 74 (754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 22, 2011

I found all of this information provided with a step by step video on Youtube, although one thing that I believe is missing from both this thread (unless I've overlooked) and the video was that: Mine did not work with these steps unless I first activated my existing PSN username on the new PS3. I also cannot stress the importance of deactivating the internet connection and media server connection on both PS3s. If you've tried it once to no success, I found changing, then turning on and off again also helped me get there. Transferring now, woohoo.

Message 52 of 74 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Dec 28, 2011

Not working for me.

Going from a Phat 60GB-Upgraded to 250GB to a New slim 320GB

I've already disabled internet and media on both

I've Tried numerous cables, even crimped my own crossover

Deactivated old machine

Signed in to old account on new machine

Activated new Machine

Rebuild filesystem on both

Sync time settings on both ps3's

Currently im rebuilding the database on the phat, we'll see if that helps.

Message 53 of 74 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Dec 28, 2011

rebuilt file systems on both

rebuilt database on both

still no go.

Message 54 of 74 (754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2012

This was the secret that finally helped the data transfer to actually work! Thank you Thank you!

Message 55 of 74 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Somewhere I read that you had to have both systems at the ;latest fimware.

Well i put in the 1tb and it formated then I started the data transfer.

It is 40% with 11 minutes remaining - here is where I remeber that I FORGOT TO update the new 1tb with the lastest firmware.

wish me luck?

EDIT:  Its all done, but I thoguht that after the transfer the source ps3 hd get formated or no longer has any of the stuff on it?

THIS DIDNT HAPPEN - I NOW HAVE 2 PS3 CONSOLES BOTH WORKING (except source deactivated) WITH EVERYTHING ON IT.

Current full formatting old source system.

Message 56 of 74 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Sep 1, 2012

This is such a PAIN! I got to detect the two PS3 but now the transfer wont complete midway..it says Error : 80010029 . i have been doing trial and error for 5 hours now. What the hell is wrong?!! Any help is much appreciated. Cat Sad

Message 57 of 74 (690 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Great, I was struggling with this, however disconnecting from internet (both set as wireless) on both consoles solved the problem. Cheers

Message 58 of 74 (627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 24, 2012

its a few years late but iam gonna put this up any way

SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM - READ ON 

You need to-
1. RESTORE THE FILE SYSTEM TO GET RID OF ANY CORRUPTED FILES THAT INTERRUPT THE TRANSFER
2. TRY AGAIN. IT SHOULD WORK. 

To restore the file System, you need to go into SAFE MODE. To activate safe mode, do the following - 

Step 1: Update BOTH PS3s with the latest firmware.

Step 2: In the options, disable the internet connexion and media server. (On both PS3s)

Step 3: Turn off the PS3s by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 4:
Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 5:
Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

Step 6: You then need to pick the third option from the menu (Restore File System). 

Once that's done, turn the PS3 off and back on, and try using Transfer Utility again. It SHOULD work (I've never seen that method not solve the problem), but should it still fail, just post a comment and I'd be happy to help.

credit goes to  josephthekokiri from youtube. heres the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFW9H6T90sE

Message 59 of 74 (587 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 20, 2012

thatasiankid100 wrote:

its a few years late but iam gonna put this up any way

SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM - READ ON 

You need to-
1. RESTORE THE FILE SYSTEM TO GET RID OF ANY CORRUPTED FILES THAT INTERRUPT THE TRANSFER
2. TRY AGAIN. IT SHOULD WORK. 

To restore the file System, you need to go into SAFE MODE. To activate safe mode, do the following - 

Step 1: Update BOTH PS3s with the latest firmware.

Step 2: In the options, disable the internet connexion and media server. (On both PS3s)

Step 3: Turn off the PS3s by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 4:
Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 5:
Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

Step 6: You then need to pick the third option from the menu (Restore File System). 

Once that's done, turn the PS3 off and back on, and try using Transfer Utility again. It SHOULD work (I've never seen that method not solve the problem), but should it still fail, just post a comment and I'd be happy to help.

credit goes to  josephthekokiri from youtube. heres the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFW9H6T90sE

I can confirm this method worked for me... been having 800xxxx errors everytime I tried to transfer the data from my fat ps3 to my new slim... only after I tried restoring the filesystem of the fat ps3 using the method above, the transfer started normally and ran all the way to 100% without errors.

Thanks!

Message 60 of 74 (537 Views)
0 Likes