Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Re: customization

Jul 23, 2005

,Cueil wrote:
Are you guys stupid? Welcome to the real world where modding is the norm... Microsoft is just giving you something you can customize easily for those who don't want to buy casemods or don't want to replace their own case thus breaking the warrenty.  Saying you have no interest in it is one thing, but downgrading a feature like that is stupid.  Is it a gimmick?  Sure it's just another way to bring in some money, but if the PS3 had something like that it wouldn't be a gimmick then it'd be a "feature" for you fanboys.  Personally I like it... I expect there to be some pretty hot faceplates being made and sold on ebay ,

which is why this whole thread is full of people who think the feature is stupid to put on the ps3?? they think it owuld be a gimmick on any system because tehcnically it is it doesnt have any affect on gameplay.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 21 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jul 23, 2005
it would be nice for the theme based fools who have a theme based livingroom or bedroom -_-,
Message 22 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5594 posts

Jul 23, 2005
It doesnt bother me one bit. But it would be nice but if they won't have that option thats fine with me. ,
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThe Cool Icon started at 11:17 PM Died at 11:40 PM RIP
Message 23 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Jul 23, 2005

Geddon wrote:

princePS3 wrote:
faceplates are a good idea thogh it gives people a level of expression beyond what we are getting right now

Its a **bleep**ing game console. ,Don't let MS make you think a peice of plastic on the front of your,game console says anything about "you". *rolls eyes*
Photobucket
Message 24 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jul 23, 2005
My PC case says allot about me... my entertainment center says allot about me... My 360 will say alot about me... when you boot it up and come to the Live screens you'll see a background that says something about me...when you look at my game collection you learn something about me and when you look at how my controllers are stored it says allot about me.  The more I can customize my system the more I'm going to customize it.  Does it effect gameplay?  No, but that's the f'n point... it doesn't have a negetive impact it only has a possitive impact.  If you don't care then you just don't customize it and that's fine.,
Message 25 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jul 23, 2005

,gtapro91 wrote:

,Cueil wrote:
Are you guys stupid? Welcome to the real world where modding is the norm... Microsoft is just giving you something you can customize easily for those who don't want to buy casemods or don't want to replace their own case thus breaking the warrenty.  Saying you have no interest in it is one thing, but downgrading a feature like that is stupid.  Is it a gimmick?  Sure it's just another way to bring in some money, but if the PS3 had something like that it wouldn't be a gimmick then it'd be a "feature" for you fanboys.  Personally I like it... I expect there to be some pretty hot faceplates being made and sold on ebay ,

which is why this whole thread is full of people who think the feature is stupid to put on the ps3?? they think it owuld be a gimmick on any system because tehcnically it is it doesnt have any affect on gameplay.

I know that if it was a PS3 feature and not a Xbox 360 feature their are many in here that would tout it... "PS3 can be customized biznatch!  Your Xbox 1.5 is just a white pile of craP LolZ3r!!!1!1!!!!!"

Message Edited by Cueil on 07-23-2005 03:43 PM

Message 26 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Jul 23, 2005

Cueil wrote:
My PC case says allot about me... my entertainment center says allot about me... My 360 will say alot about me... 

That sounds sooooooo pathethic man.
,I feel kinda sorry for you.
Photobucket
Message 27 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Jul 23, 2005

Cueil wrote:

My PC case says allot about me... my entertainment center says allot about me... My 360 will say alot about me... when you boot it up and come to the Live screens you'll see a background that says something about me...when you look at my game collection you learn something about me and when you look at how my controllers are stored it says allot about me.  The more I can customize my system the more I'm going to customize it.  Does it effect gameplay?  No, but that's the f'n point... it doesn't have a negetive impact it only has a possitive impact.  If you don't care then you just don't customize it and that's fine.

Who do you let into your home to play video games?  I let my friends in.  They know me already.  I think it's stupid, but if I was modding it for myself and not as a show piece to "express" myself I wouldn't think it was so stupid. 

Message 28 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
856 posts

Jul 23, 2005
i dont care about the faceplate. I'm not going to be looking at the console while im playing, its a waste of $$.
Message 29 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2217 posts

Jul 24, 2005
PIMP MY RIDE

Signature removed due to solicitation.
Message 30 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes