Highlighted
Jun 05 2013
By: Tarkona Splicer 81 posts

cross-platform

7 replies 99 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

Aside from Portal 2, what games are cross platform? I'm not refering to PS3/Vita cross-play. I'm talking about games that can be played on PS3 with friends on PC. I know it won't happen with the Xbox and PS3, but Sony promised to make cross-platform a reality (aside from Portal 2.) Can we try to keep this thread civil? I've been trying to find other cross-platform games and have come up with nothing else.

Message 1 of 8 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13581 posts

Re: cross-platform

Jun 5, 2013

I'm fairly certain that other than Portal 2, and the soon to be released FFXIV, there are no PC/PS3 cross platform games.

Most likely the PS3/PS4 version of Diablo 3 will be cross platform.

Other than that? Nothing I know of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Nothing else.

Phantasy Star Online was originally supposed to offer cross-platform play between PC and Vita, but that game has had its West release delayed and I don't think cross-platform play has been implemented in Japan...so who knows if that's still on the table. It was also unclear whether it was true cross-platform play or whether it was just that you could use the same account and thus same characters on both platforms, but only see players online from whichever platform you logged in to at the time.

Message 3 of 8 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Jun 5, 2013

DUST514/EVE not entirely out there is a lot of interactivity.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 4 of 8 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 5, 2013

it would be nice if sony would keep promises to their consumers

im not aware of any other games either

Message 5 of 8 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 5, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

If by "a lot of interactivity" you mean, "basically only cross-communication", then you are correct. Players in each game may affect the other game, but I certainly wouldn't call that a lot of interactivity.

Message 6 of 8 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Jun 5, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

If by "a lot of interactivity" you mean, "basically only cross-communication", then you are correct. Players in each game may affect the other game, but I certainly wouldn't call that a lot of interactivity.

The whole meta-game is cross-interactive. It isn't cross-play in the traditional sense though.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 7 of 8 (38 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

The whole meta-game is cross-interactive. It isn't cross-play in the traditional sense though.

It is my understanding that you are basically a passenger on a ship in EVE Online.  The battles you fight on the ground are the battles that the pilot/captain (EVE Online player) who's ship you are on have chosen.  You and your squadmates are the soldiers that fight the battle for your associated ship in the EVE Online universe.  When you win, you win not only for you, but for a player or players in the 'mother' universe of EVE Online.

I'm not sure if you are 'active' in the EVE Online universe by default, or if you have to actually do something with the game settings for your fight to count for someone's EVE experience.  I haven't played much Dust 514, and haven't experienced any of the cross-platform communication or anything, I'm just going by a few snippets of articles I've read.

Message 8 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes