Mar 06 2012
By: PeeB4uGoToBed Fender Bender 3658 posts

cant share games??

8 replies 35 views Edited Mar 6, 2012

I borrowed ninja gaiden from my friend and got a message saying that only the first player can get trophies so I deleted the bubble and played and got trophies

He got the game back and all his save data was missing, can you not share games for the vita?

this is my signature
Message 1 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Re: cant share games??

Mar 6, 2012

you can share games just not the trophies, the trophies are stored on the game card. So once you deleted them there gone.

I would be interested to see if they back upped with a system back up and restored again?

Message 2 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 6, 2012

PeeB4uGoToBed wrote:

I borrowed ninja gaiden from my friend and got a message saying that only the first player can get trophies so I deleted the bubble and played and got trophies.

He got the game back and all his save data was missing, can you not share games for the vita?

this is my signature

When you play a Vita game for the first time it ties the card to your PSN account. Trophy Progress is stored on the Vita Card. Deleting the bubble on teh home screen while the game card is inserted formats the game card to factory. While it releases the PSN account so another person can gain trophies, It also erases all DLC content, Patches, and save files that may be stored on the cart.

To answer your question, No you cannot game share in the sense of swaping the cart freely between  players withut consequence. But you can currently transfer ownership of the cart to another person (at the expense of losing all your game data.)

Message 3 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Mar 6, 2012

That sucks, I thought game saves were on the vitas memory card, so if I had elected to say it was ok to not get trophies would his game saves have been safe?

this is my signature
Message 4 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 6, 2012

Yes, had you not clicked delete his saves would have stayed on the game card.

Message 5 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Mar 6, 2012

If it actually wouldve said it would delete his saves I wouldnt have even played the game

this is my signature
Message 6 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Mar 6, 2012

PeeB4uGoToBed wrote:

If it actually wouldve said it would delete his saves I wouldnt have even played the game

this is my signature

It does say that. It says all game data will be deleted. That includes save data.

Message 7 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 6, 2012

It does though, when you click on the bubble it says something to the effect of "all associated data for the game will be lost."

Message 8 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Mar 6, 2012

If the game doesn't have the Memory Card Required Icon on the packaging you wont be able to share the game without some sort of consequence. If you let a friend borrow a game like that they can play it and use a separate game file but they won't be able to earn trophies or they can clear out everything on the card including the your save data than they'll be able to earn trophies. It's quite stupid I don't see why it just doesn't link the save file to a specific PSN ID instead of the whole game card it's self.

Try to get the games that say the Memory Card is Required, as those save your data on you memory card instead of the game card. These games can be shared amongst your family and friends without the risk of losing your data or not being able to earn the trophies.

I learned this the hard way myself, in the future I'm just going to buy games that require the memory card so I can share them with the family without any problem.

Message 9 of 9 (35 Views)
0 Likes