Aug 31 2011
By: W_T_Y_D First Son 4 posts

can't sign in to psn

5 replies 1624 views Edited Aug 31, 2011

Has anyone been able to sign in to psn today? I've been having problems signing in ever since the maintenance yesterday. i was able to sign in before maintenance but ever since i haven't been able to. i go over to network connection test and it can't even obtain the ip address

Message 1 of 6 (1,624 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: can't sign in to psn

Aug 31, 2011

W_T_Y_D wrote:

Has anyone been able to sign in to psn today? I've been having problems signing in ever since the maintenance yesterday. i was able to sign in before maintenance but ever since i haven't been able to. i go over to network connection test and it can't even obtain the ip address

If it cannot obtain an IP Address, then solving the problem would start on your end.  Cycle the power on your modem and your router.  Then try again.  Your modem or router is where your PS3 will get its IP Address.

Message 2 of 6 (1,624 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 31, 2011

i only use a modem and i have cycled the power but still can't obtain ip address, i never had this problem till now

Message 3 of 6 (1,624 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 31, 2011

idk if this matters or not but i checked the wireless network connection status on my computer and it says IPv6 No network access and on the ps3 settings & Connections status list it says Channel 6, could they be related and the reason why i can't obtain the ip address?

Message 4 of 6 (1,624 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Aug 31, 2011

W_T_Y_D wrote:

idk if this matters or not but i checked the wireless network connection status on my computer and it says IPv6 No network access and on the ps3 settings & Connections status list it says Channel 6, could they be related and the reason why i can't obtain the ip address?

The IPv6 status should not matter at all right now.

The channel is a setting in your wireless settings on the router/modem, and whatever channel it is, the device (your PC or PS3) picks up automatically.  You can change it on your router, and your PC or PS3 will adjust to match it.

Changing the channel is something to do if there is interference on that particular channel; you can change channels to minimize interference.

Message 5 of 6 (1,624 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 31, 2011

ok i'm online now, i just kept doing internet connection test and kept going on internet connection settings while i kept looking for help though its working now but, Thanks for the help Solar_Difusion much appreciated! : )

Message 6 of 6 (1,624 Views)
0 Likes