Jan 14 2013
By: heartsovereasy Monster Hunter 35 posts

can't find game (Crystal Defenders psp) on ps3 psn

7 replies 277 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

so as you may have guessed from the title am having trouble finding Crystal defenders on the PSP. I searched the PlayStation three PSN store and the PS3 version came up which I accidentally downloaded. I know the Crystal defenders is available for the PSP on the PSN but when I went to the PSP section of the store and had it sorted alphabetically Crystal defenders did not come up under C nor did  , when I sorted by type of game and strategy.  it doesn't seem to come up on my vita either. So does anyone know where this game is?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (277 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10745 posts

Re: can't find game (Crystal Defenders psp) on ps3 psn

Jan 14, 2013

Crystal Defenders may have never been placed on the PlayStation Store to download for the PSP. On the other hand, Square Enix may have delisted the game if it ever was on there to begin with.

Have you tried browsing for the game manually in the PSP section of the store? It will probably be slower than instantly using the search tool, but at least that way you don't have to rely on an automatic search option listing all Final Fantasy games except the one you want to find.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (269 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Jan 14, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Crystal Defenders may have never been placed on the PlayStation Store to download for the PSP. On the other hand, Square Enix may have delisted the game if it ever was on there to begin with.

Have you tried browsing for the game manually in the PSP section of the store? It will probably be slower than instantly using the search tool, but at least that way you don't have to rely on an automatic search option listing all Final Fantasy games except the one you want to find.

Crystal Defenders is a PSN game, not a UMD game.  It definitely was on the store, and I own it.

It's possible that it was removed, or it may still be available in the other (PS3, PSP) stores.  I can only confirm at this time that it is not in the Vita store, but it is playable on the Vita.  

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I have a vita and   that is the reason why i used the ps3 to look for it  . some games can't be download straight to vita.   it doesn't seem to be on the PS vita  store . I searched under the strategy game category and I searched Crystal defenders and nothing came up. it's Wikipedia says that is available on the PSN for PSP and that is the reason why I thought it would be there.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Accessing the PSN store from my psp Go I am able to see the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 15, 2013

sparepart wrote:

Accessing the PSN store from my psp Go I am able to see the game.

Are you sure because the frist  sony rep said "Crystal Defenders is on the Palpitation Store. Please go to Games >> SSP channel >> then go up to the search bar and search under crystal defenders, and its right there for 9.99$. I hope this helps" which lead me back to ps3 version that I purchased by mistake .

The second rep  said

Thank you for contacting PlayStation®Technical Support. My name is ****** and I will be assisting you today. I understand how frustrating it can be when you are unable to find content you wish to download on the PlayStation®Store, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

If you performed a search for the content, and it is not appearing as a result, then unfortunately that content is unavailable for purchase on the PlayStation®Store (PS Store) at this time. Please note, we do update the PS Store regularly, so there is the chance that it will be added as a digital download in the future. You may also wish to keep an eye on the PlayStation®Blog (PS Blog), as we make posts regarding upcoming content regularly. You may visit our blog at the link below.

If what you said is true then the second rep didn't even attempt to look for the game .  I guess I will have to find a way to change my router settings to allow my old broken psp to access the psn store and see. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Crystal Defenders is viewable from MediaGo, so it's still on the store.  It should be available on the PS3 or PSP store, and you can transfer it from PS3 to Vita.  You're probably right that the second rep didn't look for it; they said, "If you performed a search for the content..." expecting you to try a search if you hadn't.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Well I guess that means that the search on the ps3 new store is missing some titles then .

here is an image of me following the first reps instructions    114_1123.JPG

both results lead me to this the ps3 version

114_1124.JPG

I browsed the psp channel  and I had it show "all psp games" and then sorted it  A-Z and this is were it should be

114_1126.JPG

This is such a Bass Ackward solution to the vita backwards compatibility . In my case I will have to download it  On MediaGo then turn on my ps3 and  re download  it on my ps3 and then transfer it from my ps3 to my vita . all psp game should be  downloadable straight  to the vita without the use of a another machine .paying customers should not have to jump thru these hoops to play their games . I find it somewhat unsettling that in the end official reps were not as helpful as forum users. I am still waiting for the word on that refund :smileyfrustrated:.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (232 Views)
0 Likes