MVP Support
13736 posts

Re: can psvita play without a battrey on the charger

May 7, 2013

And either way, you wont' need a new battery.

My original DS (not Lite, the original "brick" DS) I bought back when it first came out in 2004, and it still runs just fine. Sure, the battery life is about half of what it used to be. But it doesn't really matter, because I don't play it all that much since I have a 3DS.

And yes, I played that daily too. Ran it down, charged it up, ran it down. Or just left it plugged in all the time. Took it everywhere.

The last thing you should be worried about is the battery going so dead that you can't even play while plugged in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 13 (88 Views)
MVP Support
11370 posts

May 7, 2013

bluberry201226 wrote:

so its not like the psp well sony screwed us good then

The days of the user-replaceable battery are pretty much over.  With new battery technologies, it's probably not even necessary.  If the battery does die, and refuses to take a charge, you can send it to Sony (or an electronic shop of your choice) to swap out the battery (I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement battery to replace it with, so there's not really a way to DIY).

My wife has a 5 year old iPhone 3GS that still accepts a charge, fully charges and lasts 3-4 days between charges when she uses it regularly.  The battery in the Vita is a couple of generations of Lithium-Ion battery newer, as well.  The days of the old, unstable Ni-Cad battery are long over.

Message 12 of 13 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

May 7, 2013

If you can find a battery, I don't see why you can't change it.

http://www.ifixit.com/blog/2012/02/16/playstation-vita-teardown/

Message 13 of 13 (69 Views)
0 Likes